Mower deck VERY tight clearance between mower deck and right rear wheel...normal? 2013 LTX 1046

Chosen

Threads
  • / VERY tight clearance between mower deck and right rear wheel...normal? 2013 LTX 1046
2013 LTX 1046 GW

Just got the mower...used with .1 hours. Good deal! Anyway, when I took it off the trailer, I noticed that there was less than zero clearance between the rear right of the mower deck and the right rear tire. The tire actually rubbed on the deck when the mowing height was set up as high as possible (where I will be using it.)

I checked the air pressure and it was 25 all around! I reduced all to 10 (what the tires call for) and the tire diameters reduced enough to give me a LITTLE clearance.

I'm wondering...is 1/8 inch normal clearance between the tire and the deck? Seems tight to me. I don't see anything bent that would account for the deck being out of normal position.

I see that the deck has an curvature back there, so the designers knew that the clearance would be tight, but this tight?

Any thoughts? Thanks y'all!

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / VERY tight clearance between mower deck and right rear wheel...normal? 2013 LTX 1046
Adjust the deck according to the manual and see if that changes the clearance.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Back to the dealer for adjustment. Something is definitely wrong. Don't mess with it, while under warranty.

Chosen

Threads
Thanks, guys...

I don't see any adjustment that would bring that side of the deck forward. Hints? I've got an inch or so adjustment in the forward link rod, but I don't see what that would do the bring the deck forward.

And...I bought it used. From what I can see in the manual, the warranty is only good for the initial buyer...not transferable. But, I have a friend at a mower shop who does the work for Lowe's...maybe he knows something.

When I look down from the driver seat, it appears that the right side of the deck is way behing the left side. Shouldn't that be kind of straight across?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks, guys...

I don't see any adjustment that would bring that side of the deck forward. Hints? I've got an inch or so adjustment in the forward link rod, but I don't see what that would do the bring the deck forward.

And...I bought it used. From what I can see in the manual, the warranty is only good for the initial buyer...not transferable. But, I have a friend at a mower shop who does the work for Lowe's...maybe he knows something.

When I look down from the driver seat, it appears that the right side of the deck is way behing the left side. Shouldn't that be kind of straight across?
Why ask here if you aren't willing to take any advice.

If christ is coming soon maybe he will stop by your place first and give you the advice you are looking for.

0°F

Chosen

Threads
I called the local friend/dealer. He checked several other ltx 1046 Kw's that he has on hand and they all have the small clearance. Other CC mowers (non-KW) have more clearance. The small clearance is normal for the KW. Thanks for y'all's help.

For Sandburranch...I am willing to take advice...that doesn't mean I don't do some of my own thinking and checking, too. You would be well advised to do some of your own thinking and checking into whether my claims about Christ are true. Your eternal destiny is more important that lawnmower deck/tire clearances. Your tone is angry and sarcastic. Might want to check where that is coming from.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Find another place to promote religion rather than attempting to push it down my throat on a lawn mower form because I'm not swallowing it. I'll say no more and we'll see if the mods and admins take care of the problem. If they don't see a problem I can take care of it myself.

Chosen

Threads
Push it down your throat? I asked a question. You could have chosen to ignore it. You are trying to push your unbelief. Why is your view OK to "push" and mine isn't? Let's drop it and get back to lawnmowers.