Excessive turn radius when turnin right. correct turn radius when turning left

John Dean

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Excessive turn radius when turnin right. correct turn radius when turning left
I own a 1999 model craftsman 20 hp lawn tractor. It will not turn to the right vert sharply but turns to the left as it should. Any ideas what might be going on herr?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Excessive turn radius when turnin right. correct turn radius when turning left
The rod going from the steering gear to the left front wheel is bent

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it's an MTD product it's probably normal. The first one I drove hit a tree. Poor tree, I felt so sorry for it.

0ーF

DaveTN

Threads
I own a 1999 model craftsman 20 hp lawn tractor. It will not turn to the right vert sharply but turns to the left as it should. Any ideas what might be going on herr?

Could possibly be the "Rack and Pinion" jumped a few teeth. When they get worn the bushings get weak and the steering pinion starts slipping.

jakesmurray

Threads
On some mowers they will turn more sharply to the left because that is the trim side, or the side without the discharge chute. It's better for going around trees, etc.

RED7218

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sheet metal axle is bent?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads