Introduction to me.

Colliedogboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is my first post on this forum, just to introduce myself. I am 61 years old, retired, happily married for 40 years, living in northeast Mississippi where I have resided for 61 years (except for a two-year hitch in the Army), and I have a one-year old Exmark Quest 52-inch zero-turn mower with which I am very much pleased. For decades, I have looked longingly at nice new mowers, especially the big ones. The sound of a V-twin engine excites me like a drag-racer with a new hot rod. When the zero-turn mowers began to show up on the showroom floors, I knew what I wanted. Finally, after some 10 years of waiting for my old 30-inch John Deere tractor mower to expire, I bought the 52-inch Exmark with a 24-horsepower Kawasaki engine. I baby it like a rare Cadillac car. About every third mowing, I wash it completely with mild liquid soap and warm water applied with a soft carwash brush. I only mow twice before removing the blades, cleaning the underside of the deck, and sharpening the blades at the recommended 28-degree angle. I only have an acre and a half to mow, but I hate the idea of mowing with dull blades. All this attention might be overkill, but I enjoy doing it. My dad always told me, "Son, if you don't take care of what you have, you'll never have anything." He's right. You can't keep on re-buying this stuff just on account of neglect or abuse.

I recently contacted the Exmark company by e-mail and they assured me it would be okay to hoist my mower straight up to vertical so that I may gain easy access to the under-deck and blades. That will make it much easier for me to clean the deck and sharpen the blades. Last year, I ate a lot of dirt!

If anyone has advice and/or tips for me about my mower, or about mowers/mowing in general, please feel free to reply.
I'm happy to be aboard!

mowerman05

Threads
welcome to lawnworld. there is a lot of valuable information on this site to be shared with other members. hope you enjoy:thumbsup:

okiepc

Threads
:welcome: to the forum, a lot of good people here with a lot of knowledge:thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to the Forum :welcome: