Walmart Murray? Mini Rider

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Briggs purchases Murray in 2005 out of backruptcy court because they owed Briggs like $32 million. But Briggs didn't get the rights to the name, and no company was allowed to use the name for 5 years or so. Last year the name became available for use, and MTD was building some of the push mowers and all the riders, and Husqvarna was making the other push mowers.

Briggs is supplying parts for the older Murray products, but parts for the newer products will depend on who made it. So as a repair shop, somebody calls me up and says I need parts for my Murray, is it a Murray original, a MTD murray, or a Husqvarna murray.

Ilengine,
Yep, buying a Murray is similar to buying the Isignia HDTV at Best Buy(their "store brand"). Depending on the "model", it could be a Samsung, an LG, a Sharp, a Panasonic or a Dynex. Based upon the quality of these manufacturers you can only hope you got one built by Samsung instead of Dynex!!!

Buckshot 1

Threads
:smile: Its a day to day job, just to keep up with who owns what or whos building what.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
That Murray looks like a rebadged Weed Eater One, I have heard some negative things about those. I wouldn't buy it. It is a overpriced hunk of plastic. They aren't built to last.

baca1957

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking at a "Murray" Mini-Rider that Walmart is selling for $798.00. It's got a 24 inch deck and seems to be a perfect fit for my lot and budget. But:
1. Who the heck made this thing? It seems to have an MTD model number (Model# 13A326JC058), but is has the Murray name and is on their website.
2. I see no reviews other than what is on the Walmart site and there are only a few at that.
3. It's not clear that I can get a muching kit.
4. It looks an awful lot like the Troyblt unit sold last year that wasn't a great review.
5. I now have a Yardman Yardbug that still works ok, but is tippy on the slopes.

I purchased this rider on May 28, 2014 on July 28, 2014 it would not start, called Wal-Mart got no where with them, called Murray told me I need to take it to an authorized repair dealer, I have one here in my town and they are great, but I will not see my machine again until the end of the growing season, it only 2 months old and used 7 times, I would be careful before buying. This makes for an unhappy customer

To answer some of your questions, #3 it comes with a mulching kit, or you can buy an optional bagging kit
one the reasons I liked it was it will go threw a 3' gate, this is a plus for me, there is a knob to go from reverse to forward that keeps coming off, I don't like the fact that if you want to back up you must disengage the blade, this is a pain. The 24" deck is alright for a small area it just takes more time to cut a large area.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
That Murray looks like a rebadged Weed Eater One, I have heard some negative things about those. I wouldn't buy it. It is a overpriced hunk of plastic. They aren't built to last.

At least this model has a gear drive transaxle in it, unlike the non repairable disc drive unit in the weedeater one, that they decided they won't supply parts for, and the rear drive plus labor cost 2/3 of the cost of the mower.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
At least this model has a gear drive transaxle in it, unlike the non repairable disc drive unit in the weedeater one, that they decided they won't supply parts for, and the rear drive plus labor cost 2/3 of the cost of the mower.

Why even put a disc drive transaxle in a mower?

Did anyone notice that the Weed Eater One isn't made in the USA, it is "assembled" in the USA.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why even put a disc drive transaxle in a mower?

Did anyone notice that the Weed Eater One isn't made in the USA, it is "assembled" in the USA.

Because Snapper has been doing it since like the 50's, and it is a reliable system in there RER.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
Because Snapper has been doing it since like the 50's, and it is a reliable system in there RER.

I like the older Snapper RER's because they are dependable and long lasting, but these newer ones are just low quality and junk. As I say, you get what you pay for.