Turf-Master Review

OldSalt

Threads
Have you changed out the belts yet? It sounds like the belt is loose or about gone and your not getting the proper BTS.

Oh! Hadn't considered the belts since the mower is so new. Will look into getting some this week and swapping them out. I should have looked into that since the right side cut area is where most of the issues are at.
Will let you all know how things work out once everything is swapped out. Thanks!

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Everything I've read about the turfmaster is that it goes through blade belts fast

OldSalt

Threads
Took your suggestion and adjusted the blade tension spring and the cutting has improved on the right side.
I also tightened up the Self-propel Drive Cable a little
Belts themselves looked fine.

However, now I have a grinding sound whenever I engage the self-propel system.
Mower cuts fine however.
Thinking I may have to readjust what I adjusted back a little to see if the grinding stops.
Otherwise, not sure what might be going on.

I suspect I will have to end up bringing this thing to the dealer and getting them to do a complete once-over on it for me to make sure I haven't somehow scre#ed something up inadvertently.

Thanks.

scottief

Threads
Been using this mower all summer now. Only complaint I have is the engine. Needs more power and its not good in wet long grass. When grass is dry it leaves nice strips.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
One quick question for you guys that own one. Is there enough adjustment on the handlebar to make it trailer easy. We have been running a Time Master and the handle on it stands up straight and it makes it fit nicely in the trailer. We pull a 16' Cargo trailer with two zero turns in it and everything else so we are crowded.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The handle is attached at 3 points on each side. It is not designed to move.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The handle is attached at 3 points on each side. It is not designed to move.

Thanks, I will order another Time Master instead of a Turf Master. I really wanted a Turf Master but I can't haul it in my cargo trailer with 2 zero turns if the handles won't fold up.