Simplicity/Massey ferguson?

Threads
I was browsing the internet today and i see that the massey furgeson and the simplicity line up look identical. Not sure if any other brand names out there are the same? Is this something along the same lines as mtd owning a major share in the lawn/garden tractor shares in the world? seems there arent many independed companies making tractors anymore, just rebranding the same old tractr with a different paint job. has it always been like this? Just curious is all.

Threads
Both Hustler and Big Dog mowers are made by Excel Industries, and also some Ariens mowers look like Gravely mowers.

Excel Indstries, Inc.

911270_Pro21-Resized.jpg

911281_AriensPro-21XD_500.jpg

Threads
I was originally talking about the ridering mowers but the push mowers look the same too lol thanks.

afoulk

Threads
I know that Simplicity made the lawn tractors for Allis Chalmers back in the day. AGCO owns both Allis Chalmers (AGCO Allis) and Massey Furgeson tractors these days (among others, kinda the MTD of the farm tractor world:)), so maybe AGCO has a deal with Simplicity to build their lawn tractors. As far as the Ariens and Gravely mowers, from the little bit of reading I've done, I believe Ariens bought Gravely years ago, or at the very least merged with them or owns part of them. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.