Hello from Bampton in Oxfordshire in England

mistermowerman

Threads
Yeah I was going to post a picture of a mower like that but Robert beat me to it. Now just if it could mulch! :wink:

As far as i can see they do not have a mulching mower with a roller ,i think its something to do with grass sticking to the roller . Gary

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wonder if Americans know that the "lawn" was an English invention, like the sandwich? I read upscale homes in London would show off their lot size by planting grass. Then Lord Sandwich would order up a quick meal to watch the grass grow. True? :laughing:

Threads
As far as i can see they do not have a mulching mower with a roller ,i think its something to do with grass sticking to the roller . Gary

Yeah probably....but they have striping rollers for mulching mowers! :rolleyes:

5721.jpg

mistermowerman

Threads
Wonder if Americans know that the "lawn" was an English invention, like the sandwich? I read upscale homes in London would show off their lot size by planting grass. Then Lord Sandwich would order up a quick meal to watch the grass grow. True? :laughing:

I suppose in those days to grow something in your garden that you could not eat was considered very posh . Gary :smile: