Hello from Bampton in Oxfordshire in England

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Give over ,next you will say you have mowers that fly (good name for a brand there ) .

mistermowerman/pugaltitude,

Ok, you guys from across the big pond....stop braggin. Here in the US, we are lucky to have cruise line ships that float/actually move across the water/have electricity(aka Princess:0)

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Speaking of striping mowers....

In parts of Europe, striping is popular, so much so, that Honda makes a special commercial model just for that work; it's the HRD536QX:

HRD536QX.png

"Polystrong" (a.k.a. composite) deck, single-speed self-propelled, blade clutch...the striping feature is fully built-in to the mower [not a bolt-on kit]...you gotta bag, too. No mulching. Still, it's a neat look for a lawn, and while not as broad as the stripes in a Major League Baseball outfield, still looks cool.

Linky: Key features | HRD536QX | Lawnmowers | Lawn & Garden | Honda (UK)

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Give over ,next you will say you have mowers that fly (good name for a brand there ) .

Had a customer once that said his Flymo hover wasnt working.
Went out to his garden and noticed it was soaking wet.
Then realised he tried to use it to cut his pond reeds and it kept sinking.
He thought there was a design flaw.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads

In parts of Europe, striping is popular, so much so, that Honda makes a special commercial model just for that work; it's the HRD536QX:

HRD536QX.png

"Polystrong" (a.k.a. composite) deck, single-speed self-propelled, blade clutch...the striping feature is fully built-in to the mower [not a bolt-on kit]...you gotta bag, too. No mulching. Still, it's a neat look for a lawn, and while not as broad as the stripes in a Major League Baseball outfield, still looks cool.

There is alot of roller mowers over your side.
A lot of football (sorry soccer) stadiums and sports arenas use the Hondas and Hayter Harriers to cut the pitch to get the stripes.
Its cheaper to use these than purchase the cylinder mowers.
You dont get as good a cut but the stripe is there.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

HRD536QX.png

There you go lawn mower fanatic.....a Honda to satisfy your wandering desires:0)

Threads
There you go lawn mower fanatic.....a Honda to satisfy your wandering desires:0)

Yeah I was going to post a picture of a mower like that but Robert beat me to it. Now just if it could mulch! :wink:

Threads
Welcome to the Forum!..Gary..

mistermowerman

Threads
Welcome to the Forum!..Gary..

Thank you for the hello,its amazing how much interest there is for something i work on every day . My mower by your scale is tiny (16 inches wide) but i do work on some top end mowers ,some for bowling greens and cricket squares (ransomes cylinder mowers) but a lot of people must have there stripes .Gary