Trying day

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yesterday as I was getting ready to go to work I realized I needed to mix some gas for my trimmer and blower. I normally mix a gallon at the time especially this time of the year. I have a clear plastic gallon jug that I mix it in so that I get an accurate mix.

I poured the oil into the jug and set it down on the driveway and then proceeded pouring the gas into the jug from the 5 gallon gas can. It was about half full when all of a sudden out of nowhere Petee my 5 month old puppy came charging up running into me and knocking the half full jug of gas and mixing oil over and spilling it on the driveway. Then immediately he went to lapping it up. I figure that he must have smelled the oil in it and thought that it tasted appealing. In the commotion I was trying to stop him and right the can and the jug and he side stepped me and continued lapping. After a few seconds I was able to get everything right side up again and tried to get Petee out of the gas again. All of a sudden he took off running and barking and chasing his tail going round and round in circles. It was frightening to see my puppy acting like that. Then after what seemed like a minute or more he just collapsed on the grass beside the driveway. I was devastated. I grabbed him and loaded him in the truck and headed to the vet. When I got him in the vets office and explained what had happened the vet went to laughing and said Petee will be fine. He just ran out of gas.

Threads
I know what you mean I have had plenty of those days. I am glad he is going to be Ok.:smile: