What makes a lawn "perfect" in your eyes?

What makes a lawn "perfect?"

• Perfect green color

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Trimmed and groomed to perfection

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Free of weeds

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • No brown spots or dirt patches

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Integrated landscape design

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Many people spend a lot of time taking care of their lawns and striving to maintain the "perfect" lawn. But what defines "perfect" in your eyes? Is it the perfect color? Freshly cut and groomed? Free of weeds? No brown or dirt patches? Or how about a lawn that has some pretty landscape designs and features?

To settle the score, I've created a poll, but of course, you're welcome to discuss it as well. :laughing:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
My lawn has never and will never reach perfection...
But I just have to go with... Freshly cut and groomed, as that is when it looks, smells and feels the BEST.... :smile:KennyV

mois25

Threads
I suppose the word perfect is intentionally in quotes...lol. I believe a well trimmed and/or groomed lawn is perfect because then one can be able to overlook any brown patches that may appear.

sallymander

Threads
My choice wasn't a poll option:
Ease of care.

If it doesn't need to be mowed, irrigated, sprayed, fertilized, etc then it's perfect as long as it stays green.

adan

Threads
I'd go for freshly cut, free of weeds and free of dirt patches.

But I understand the diversity of answers on this pool. To me the more fundamental question is, what do we use the lawn for? In my case I use it to gather my family to gaze at the clouds or enjoy the moonlight. My kids play there too.

Twinkle

Threads
Great idea to have a poll but it is hard to cover every option people may want to see there. I chose 'no brown patches' but overall I really just want my garden to be functional and look nice. If the lawn is healthy I'm happy.

lizard

Threads
A perfect lawn is a lawn that is green and mowed short.........should be able to lay or sleep on with out being itchy.
Must be able to play on as well ...kids need nice lawns too.:smile:

touree

Threads
The poll question is a tricky one because I fancy a really green lawn while at the same time would not want to see any brown patches..

Nonetheless, what strikes the eye the most is a well-trimmed one.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
This thread has been moved to the new Polls Forum. :biggrin:

And I voted - green color! I prefer nicely trimmed, but overall color makes or breaks a "perfect" lawn, I would say.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
To me, a perfect lawn is one that is always kept perfectly trimmed regularly, like mine :smile:

Of course, the health of the lawn is important too, but to me the "neatness" is more important.

And to be honest, if you keep it regularly trimmed, it will be healthier, as it will be more hydrated.