What brand truck and plow do you use?

BHLC

Threads
I currently have a 2008 Toyota Tundra with with a 7'6" Boss Trip Edge plow. Trying to decide on a new truck and plow set up. Hopefully I'll get it in the next couple of months in time for mowing and camping season. Currently between a GMC Sierra 2500hd with the Duramax or a Ford F250 Superduty with the powerstroke.

Attachments

• image-124604976.jpg
    image-124604976.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 18
  • image-2663594629.jpg
    image-2663594629.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 23
  • image-381411518.jpg
    image-381411518.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 30

metz12

Threads
I like general motors. i have a 2000 s10 4x4. i might look into getting a small plow for it in the future. but i wouldnt go with the ford. i have a family of mechanics and i just see them working on too many fords. i think gm is the way to go.

Parkmower

Threads
I've used fords Chevys and dodges all gassers. With western and Myers plows. I tell everyone this when we talk trucks. Chevys ride and drive nice, very comfortable. But when it comes to work its ford hands down. With a western quick mount plow.
The duramax would be my last choice for diesels. Prob the cummins first then the ford.
I know this is a dangerous topic like religion and politics so these are my opinions.

metz12

Threads
I've used fords Chevys and dodges all gassers. With western and Myers plows. I tell everyone this when we talk trucks. Chevys ride and drive nice, very comfortable. But when it comes to work its ford hands down. With a western quick mount plow.
The duramax would be my last choice for diesels. Prob the cummins first then the ford.
I know this is a dangerous topic like religion and politics so these are my opinions.

i like the duramax engines, but if you were to but a cummins in a gm that would be a whole different story......

BHLC

Threads

I'm definitely leaning towards GMC, I like the truck and they seem to have beefed up the front end. I also currently have a 2008 Chevy 2500 Express that I got new and have put 130,000 on. Other than brakes and oil changes I have done nothing to the van. One thing I am worried about on the Ford, the Powerstroke used to be made by Freightliner, it is now made by Ford themselves. I'd like to give the motor a couple of years to prove itself. Dodge is not an option, I've had one before and don't like them.:drink:

A

AmericanTurf

I have a 2000 GMC seirra 1 ton, with a 7.9 V-8 454. 8 1/2 foot western plow.

smcgill

Threads
2008 Toyota Tacoma with a Curtis plow
DSCN1894640x480.jpg

Tacomaplow2011.jpg

newtruckplow025jpg-1.jpg

Worked great on this winter you know 2' etc...

DSCN1888640x480.jpg

Wouldn't hesitate to get another!
Sean

blades

Threads
Running Fords, Gassers , Boss plows ( cause I can get parts today not 3 days from now) F250 5.4 and F350 V10
Up until the last couple years Gm was a bit light in the front end. Dodge never in the running.
Not much point in diesel with the EPA involved unless you are or have a need of a lot of heavy towing in the off season. Pay a premium up front, higher fuel and maintenance costs don't really care whose make. My last Diesel was a Ford 350 6.9 ran it into the ground, no body or frame left drive train still great.
I have had Fishers and Westerns ( always a parts delay problem and I am 2 blocks from the factory, can't buy parts there only through a dealer ) Still running a Blizzard ( Calumet mfg, sad day when Western/Fisher parent corp bought them) That is being replaced by a Boss V, as it is worn out and I would have to custom fabricate replacement parts. Boss units OK so far, Far simpler than the Western /Fisher, no price advantage though.
Another point Western/Fisher have been changing up the mounting system every couple years lately, pricey to get adapters for older plows to fit new mountings. Well there is my deprecated 2 cents worth. Chris

KubotaJohn

Threads
I am a GM guy all the way, but with that being said, here is my unbiased opinion... The reason GM has had the Duramax for so many years is because it works... Ford on the other hand has had several different engines in the past decade and thats because of problems they continue to encounter in the long runs.

But nothing has anything for a manual dodge cummins

metz12

Threads
I am a GM guy all the way, but with that being said, here is my unbiased opinion... The reason GM has had the Duramax for so many years is because it works... Ford on the other hand has had several different engines in the past decade and thats because of problems they continue to encounter in the long runs.

But nothing has anything for a manual dodge cummins

agree 100%