Straight shaft or curved shaft trimmer. If you could only own one, which would it be?

Straight or Curved Shaft Trimmer ?

• Total voters

MowerMike

Threads
  • / Straight shaft or curved shaft trimmer. If you could only own one, which would it be?
If you could only own one string trimmer, would you choose a straight shaft or a curved shaft, and what are your reasons ?

Parkmower

Threads
  • / Straight shaft or curved shaft trimmer. If you could only own one, which would it be?
No brainer. Straight

Parkmower

Threads
Not to be a jerk. But if you've used both you'd know the answer.think 98% would agree. And I don't know what the poll is. I use mobile so not show.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've used both. No brainer, curved for average weed whacking. They are easier for me to manipulate. I don't need the awkward extra length. Try both before you purchase. I've not tried the edging feature so the straight may excel there.

Survey ( poll ) fees have increased at my house from $125.00 to $275.00 cash.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you could only own one string trimmer, would you choose a straight shaft or a curved shaft, and what are your reasons ?

I've used both and I like the Straight shaft. I like the added length. The curved shaft IMO is more for the homeowner to use for average weed whacking or trimming. For me the straight shaft is faster and easier to manipulate than a curved.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
I prefer the straight shaft over the curved shaft. The straight shaft string trimmer I have, being longer, is more comfortable for me to use and easier on my back since I am above average height. If you are shorter you may prefer the curved shaft. I found myself leaning over with the curved shaft trimmer I have. Also the straight shaft string trimmer is more powerful and durable than the curved shaft string trimmer. The straight shaft also gives better visibility, manuverability and reach. The curved shaft is lighter than the straight shaft and probably easier to balance, although it seems to vibrate more than the straight shaft does. Of course you are also going to pay more for the straight shaft than the curved shaft trimmer.
curved_and_straight_trimmers.jpg

Threads

Straight shaft trimmer. I have used both and like the straight shaft because it has better reach, and for a 6-foot-tall person like me it fits me better.
echo - Copy.jpg

Band-aid Kid

Threads
I've had both. The straight shaft models enable me to have extra attachments, ie polesaw.

metz12

Threads
its easier to trim bigger areas with the straight shaft. i like to use my curved shaft for the closer up next to the house and stuff. it is easier to handle then the straight shaft but i would rather prefer the straight shaft.