Straight shaft or curved shaft trimmer. If you could only own one, which would it be?

Straight or Curved Shaft Trimmer ?

• Total voters

X-man

Threads
  • / Straight shaft or curved shaft trimmer. If you could only own one, which would it be?
Straight shaft. Much easier to use, I hate using curved shaft with a passion.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Straight shaft or curved shaft trimmer. If you could only own one, which would it be?
There is a reason straight shaft is more expensive. All large companies use straight shaft trimmers. They are the easiest to use and most effecient

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
There is a reason straight shaft is more expensive. All large companies use straight shaft trimmers. They are the easiest to use and most effecient

They cost more because of the gear reduction knuckle on the end that gives more torque to the head and changes the rotation of the head to counter clockwise that everyone forgets to put grease in.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
They cost more because of the gear reduction knuckle on the end that gives more torque to the head and changes the rotation of the head to counter clockwise that everyone forgets to put grease in.

Everyone who doesn't read the manual lol

Wildcat

Threads
Curved shaft. I find it easy to control better than straight shafts.

upupandaway

Threads
If you could only own one string trimmer, would you choose a straight shaft or a curved shaft, and what are your reasons ?

I say both.... curved the head spins the same direction as motor so I find edging easier without kicking stones at my face. straight i get less clippings getting all over me.

FrankInNC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Straight. I'm 6'03" and curved shaft trimmers are typically too short for me.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm a "leftie" so I stand on right side of wacker & I still like the straight shaft best, having had a curved shaft & last 5 years running a straight shaft.