Buying Advice 2003 ZD21 Help

Olympus

Threads
I've been searching for a good ZTR for quite a while to use mowing my 4 acre yard. A have a family friend who has a 2003 ZD21 for sale. It was used privately for 8 years then the last 2 commercially. It has 1600+ hours. The owner said he services it every year and everything is still in good shape. The only issue is that the key switch had gone out. He wants $4400. Is this a decent price? Is there anything I need to pay close attention to before I buy? How expensive would it be to have the key switch replaced? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Threads
I don't know if that is a good price or not, but sometimes you have to be careful when buying from a commercial operator. They can really beat up their equipment! And the fact that it was used for 8 years before that doesn't help any either. But it might be good for you; I would wait for others to respond to see if it is a fair price. Good luck and make sure you tell us what you decide! :smile:

KubotaJohn

Threads
I've been searching for a good ZTR for quite a while to use mowing my 4 acre yard. A have a family friend who has a 2003 ZD21 for sale. It was used privately for 8 years then the last 2 commercially. It has 1600+ hours. The owner said he services it every year and everything is still in good shape. The only issue is that the key switch had gone out. He wants $4400. Is this a decent price? Is there anything I need to pay close attention to before I buy? How expensive would it be to have the key switch replaced? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

It's a good price if it last, but the question is, does he maintain his equipment? Does he service them periodicaly.
If you have any questions feel free to ask me or PM.
I also have several used ZD and ZG mowers.

But if you are only mowing 4 acres and not using it for commercial use, you should look into the Kubota Kommander, it is in that price range and comes with a 4 year 300 hour warranty on everything including the powertrain.

Skaning

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's a good price if it last, but the question is, does he maintain his equipment? Does he service them periodicaly.
If you have any questions feel free to ask me or PM.
I also have several used ZD and ZG mowers.

But if you are only mowing 4 acres and not using it for commercial use, you should look into the Kubota Kommander, it is in that price range and comes with a 4 year 300 hour warranty on everything including the powertrain.

The ZD21 with the commercial deck is really a pretty good mower. There has been a generic problem with them however IF they have been used to mow slopes sideways where one wheel is higher than the other. There were a lot of cases of trashed hydraulic motors from hydraulic fluid starvation. Kubota implemented a fix which included a tank under the right rear fender to provide extra fluid. In my case it has worked although I have not done much slope mowing with it. The ZDxx series only lasted a couple of years and they came out with the ZD3XX which I presume solved the issue. Other than that, it's been a fine mower for my 3.5 acres even getting into some mild bush hogging once a season or so in areas I don't maintain weekly.