15hp Kohler Command

inspectorted

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can't seem to find specs on a Kohler 15hp. Model# CV 158- Spec #41612- Ser# 3207501233.
Kohler's web site does not have info on this engine. I think they have dis-owned the command series to spare them the embarrassment. I am looking at replacing the engine with a Briggs and Stratton but need to know the shaft sizes to do so.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
dis-owned the command series to spare them the embarrassment. Why, because I thought the Kohler command was a well built engine and also why do you think the B&S is better? Now if you were talking about the Kohler Courage I could well understand what you are saying.

inspectorted

Forum Newbie
Threads
dis-owned the command series to spare them the embarrassment. Why, because I thought the Kohler command was a well built engine and also why do you think the B&S is better? Now if you were talking about the Kohler Courage I could well understand what you are saying.[/QUOTE
This is the second Kohler command series engine that hasn't made it past 350 hrs. Both engines have lost ring tolerances then began smoking and eventually quit. Even changing the oil way before the manual said to. I've gotten way more hours out of a briggs in my lifetime. Some mechanics I have talked with say that this is a wide spread issue with this particular era of kohler engines.