Buying Advice Kubota Kommander

Duckman

Threads
SCM...

I mow about 2 acres and the bulk is flat but dumpy and in some areas nice & bumpy...but overall semi smooth. I have no problems, I do slow down over the worst areas as you would expect. I'm still impressed with the amount of power it has, even at full speed it has a great cut.

As far as the Kawie...I am fan also but that was from a 15 year old JD, THAT Kawie will probably out last the Kawies being built now. Just my thought, I'm not sure if you can compare the the old ones to today's.

Just a side note the "kits" for the latest update are in. Mine is being pick up tomorrow for installation.

If you any other questions feel free to PM me.

Sate safe,
Mike

SCMCG

Threads
SCM...

I mow about 2 acres and the bulk is flat but dumpy and in some areas nice & bumpy...but overall semi smooth. I have no problems, I do slow down over the worst areas as you would expect. I'm still impressed with the amount of power it has, even at full speed it has a great cut.

As far as the Kawie...I am fan also but that was from a 15 year old JD, THAT Kawie will probably out last the Kawies being built now. Just my thought, I'm not sure if you can compare the the old ones to today's.

Just a side note the "kits" for the latest update are in. Mine is being pick up tomorrow for installation.

If you any other questions feel free to PM me.

Sate safe,
Mike

Thanks! I hope to go che3ck one out next week if the weather straightens out. I will holler when i have a question.

Kzilla

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the Kubota zg123s. That's the 48" deck. I paid an extra $500 for Kohler 23hp instead of the Briggs. It's quick and powerful. Good seat and the lights are nice. 47 hrs. I've had a couple of problems. At 30 hrs the starter locked up. The dealer fixed it immediately, good to go. The one true flaw that I have found is in the design of the front wheel assemblies. I run the front wheel in a hole while mowing at a fast speed. Wheel and fork broke off. Maybe 3/4" diameter steel pin. The pin is welded to the fork at the very bottom only. Needs two welds. Checked with dealer about coverage, he's checking on it for me and two other people. The drive pulleys underneath the motor could use a guard of some sort. I backed into a tree limb and damaged the blade belt. $123. Checking on coverage. Mine works hard every weekend, I think that it's at the top for that level mower along with hustler. The deck mounts and system seem to be more rugged than other brands and I think a more level cut. That's all I got..

kywildcatfan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just purchased the ZG127-S, and can say that it is a mowing machine (for me at least). the ride is incredible and the power of the 27hp engine is great. They are litterly no clippings left on my yard. I purchased this mower out of state in Illinoise. Every where in KY had them priced at $5799. I got mine on a steal, i thought for $5400!! So far i am really pleased with the mower. hopefully this mower will last me several years.

Duckman

Threads
Just purchased the ZG127-S, and can say that it is a mowing machine (for me at least). the ride is incredible and the power of the 27hp engine is great. They are litterly no clippings left on my yard. I purchased this mower out of state in Illinoise. Every where in KY had them priced at $5799. I got mine on a steal, i thought for $5400!! So far i am really pleased with the mower. hopefully this mower will last me several years.

Welcome KWCF...

tumblr_m17oxv67WC1roejvzo1_400.gif

Mowing MACHINE is correct...I love the cut also.... 1800rpms will do a number. I wouldn't of bought mine if I did not think it would last a while. I believe if I keep up with the maintenance it will be fine.

I paid 5499 with a 54" deck.

Keep us informed...stay safe.

Mike

BHM

Forum Newbie
Threads
What are the two recalls? I know one is for the tank.

My old Gravley outfront died last Monday. I just finished cutting and was pulling it up to park it and the hydro died. I am cutting about three acres with it but that will be sold by next spring. My new home is only 1.5 acres which I currently cut with a Home Depot Cub Cadet. I am going this week to hopefully pick up a new 127s-54 if they have them in stock. They did not have any Kommanders in stock last week.

Having never even seen one much less sat on one, if the suspension seat that much better or would I be just as good saving some money and getting an e model? Does anybody know how hard it is to remove the deck for cleaning/blade sharpening?

Duckman

Threads
The big one was the fuel tank...any Komander that is being sold now will be up to date. I would have no worry about what you are getting.

I hope you find one...if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Mike

BHM

Forum Newbie
Threads
The big one was the fuel tank...any Komander that is being sold now will be up to date. I would have no worry about what you are getting.

I hope you find one...if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Mike

Thanks Mike. It took me a while to convince the wife that getting a good machine is worth the money so the last thing I need is for it to be in the shop for a recall. I probably will not have time to stop at the dealer on Monday but I will call and see what he has available.

Goddahavit

Threads
I have the Kubota zg123s. That's the 48" deck. I paid an extra $500 for Kohler 23hp instead of the Briggs. It's quick and powerful. Good seat and the lights are nice. 47 hrs. I've had a couple of problems. At 30 hrs the starter locked up. The dealer fixed it immediately, good to go. The one true flaw that I have found is in the design of the front wheel assemblies. I run the front wheel in a hole while mowing at a fast speed. Wheel and fork broke off. Maybe 3/4" diameter steel pin. The pin is welded to the fork at the very bottom only. Needs two welds. Checked with dealer about coverage, he's checking on it for me and two other people. The drive pulleys underneath the motor could use a guard of some sort. I backed into a tree limb and damaged the blade belt. $123. Checking on coverage. Mine works hard every weekend, I think that it's at the top for that level mower along with hustler. The deck mounts and system seem to be more rugged than other brands and I think a more level cut. That's all I got..

How did you make out with this broken wheel? so 3 people in your area broke wheels I wonder how many are having this happen?

The Alchemist

Threads
I bought my ZG124 back in May or June and I've had great luck with it. I stayed with a 48" deck due to the opening of my shed and gate for the backyard, plus I'm under an acre in size, so a ZT with a 48" deck is overkill to begin with.

I love the quality of cut that it offers. Even after being away for 10 days on vacation, and mowing over 3" of growth, I didn't have any clumping, even with slightly damp grass. That impressed me.

At the time I purchased it, I didn't think the lights were necessary, but as fall is approaching, I can see the benefit in them, so I'll probably order up the kit. On my old John Deere, I had switched my blades to a set of Gatorblades. Unfortunately, I contacted Gatorblades and they don't make a set of the Kubota's with a 48" deck yet. I'm not sure I want to go full mulching, but I'd like to get a set of mulching blades.

As for a couple comments I've read about not having an access panel for the belt/spindles, it's only 4 bolts to remove the panel, that's less than a minute worth of work, and I'm happy they did that as it's more secure.