Short pants

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do any of you that have riding mowers like to wear short pants? I do but then that is a hazard when you start to trim with a string trimmer.

I remedied that last summer. I took an old pair of jeans and cut the lets down the side and then put Velcro back down them. Then I cut the seat and basically everything from just above the knee out of the back except the waist band. I can have them on or off in seconds and the front pockets are there if I need to put anything in them....

They work great for me.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do any of you that have riding mowers like to wear short pants? I do but then that is a hazard when you start to trim with a string trimmer.

I remedied that last summer. I took an old pair of jeans and cut the lets down the side and then put Velcro back down them. Then I cut the seat and basically everything from just above the knee out of the back except the waist band. I can have them on or off in seconds and the front pockets are there if I need to put anything in them....

They work great for me.

I wear cargo shorts all the time and I pretty much did away with trimmer hazards by wearing these, Elite Spider 8.0 (5469) | Free Shipping

Parkmower

Threads
At work I'm required to wear pants,boots, and a shirt they are considered PPE.
At home it's glasses ear muffs and no open toe shoes. Does get messy trimming in shorts but oh well.

metz12

Threads
when i do a job by myself i wear shorts and 8inch redwings. also a high viability shirt. and trimming doesnt really bother me. some grass may get on my legs but its not a big deal. when i work for someone else i usually wear jeans since i dont want to get hurt while working for somebody. it does get hot but its better to be safe then sorry.