New Guy!

hawk33

Forum Newbie
Threads
I presently have a JD LX277 with a mulching deck. My 16 yr. old son and I are going to start up a mowing business this year and I am looking for any & all advise on which commercial mower to buy. Probably be leaning towards a ZTR style versus a tractor style. Thinking about a 48 - 52" deck size with a bagger, cause I've been informed most of the residential lots in this town want their grass picked up. Ease of operation & maintenance are key elements in my decision.:confused2:

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
:welcome: to the forum. Most all commercial lawn services use zero turn type mowers. Lots of choices in this style. Most recommend dealing with a lawnmower dealer for the added value of information and service rather than a big box retail or farm supply type store. most will let you test drive before choosing.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have posted many times, always buy from a dealer and I always recommend Toro anytime this question comes up.

Threads
Last edited:

A_tank96

Threads
I would recomend a Toro ztr. You might not need a bagger, you could probably just discharge or better yet mulch. This will cut the grass into verry very fine pieces since the blade tip fpm is very high.

A_tank96

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Mower Buying & Pricing forum. :smile:

Threads
I have been looking at the encore extreme 52" with the 19 hp Kawi.

A

AmericanTurf

A mulch deck and a vac might not be a good combo. Have you checked out grasshoppers?.... Best vac on the market:)