Bought a new Honda!

Threads
About 40 houses 2 small commercial properties 3 small apt complexes (duplex and quadraplex) 1 large hotel 19000sqft 1 large apt building 1 acre 14 units

Anywhere between 30 to 40 hrs on the mower a week combination of mulching and bagging

WOW no wonder it got worn down! I use mine on around 20-25 lawns per week, which is around 17-20 hours. I think the wheels on the HRX are better than the ones on the HRR because mine surprisingly have a semi-good tread and it goes all around the neighborhood! There ARE no treads left on my HRR mower and I used it a lot less!

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am curious as to why the microcut is "hrx only"

Your HRR is the K8 version of that model and came stock with stacked, QuadraCut twin blades.

Last January, Honda updated the HRR to a K9 version, and besides adding the Clip Director control, all HRR models now feature offset twin MicroCut blades. Yes, it's true the HRX blades physically "fit" on an HRR, but they've not been tested or approved for use on the mower. Honda recommends only using blades specifically engineered, tested, and approved for each model.

Unofficially, I understand you can update your older K8 mower with new K9 MicroCut blades, but just be sure to get the ones for the HRR, not the HRX. They look the same, but aren't. I know this for a fact because it was discussed in great detail why we could not make one set of blades fit both groups of mowers, and it is for rigidity, strength, horsepower/torque ratings, etc. that are different enough between the HRX and HRR engines and deck designs that require a slightly different blades to be needed for each one.

Here are the part numbers and retail price for MicroCut blades (now standard on all HRR models) that may be installed on any HRR:

Blade, Rotary (lower): 72511-VL0-S00, $13.12
Blade, Rotary (upper): 72531-VH7-000, $12.98

lildevil_66

Forum Newbie
Threads
About 40 houses 2 small commercial properties 3 small apt complexes (duplex and quadraplex) 1 large hotel 19000sqft 1 large apt building 1 acre 14 units

Anywhere between 30 to 40 hrs on the mower a week combination of mulching and bagging

All that work with the equipment listed is a feat in itself. Can't imagine trying to do that much without a Z-Turn.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
All that work with the equipment listed is a feat in itself. Can't imagine trying to do that much without a Z-Turn.

Its not as bad as it sounds only a few of my places would benefit from a ztr. And those still look better with the push mower.