love my Stihl equipment. . .

Bomba

Threads
Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by 4mix?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by 4mix?

The Stihl 4 mix units are 4 cycle or stroke engine that uses the 2 cycle lubrication. It's basically a 4 stroke engine without the Crankcase. The advantages to the 4 mix are Less emissions, there more fuel efficient than the 2 stroke and there definitely less noisy and weigh less than a conventional 4 stroke.

Last edited:

Bomba

Threads
The Stihl 4 mix units are 4 cycle or stroke engine that uses the 2 cycle lubrication. It's basically a 4 stroke engine without the Crankcase. The advantages to the 4 mix are Less emissions, there more fuel efficient than the 2 stroke and there definitely less noisy and weigh less than a conventional 4 stroke.

Ok thanks for the info. Yes I researched push mowers and I think you were right- the snapper seems to be the best one for the money. At least what I need it for. I have a large 3 acre lot. Use my ZTR for most of it. I need something that will mulch really well, I don't really need to bag. The Ninja sounds like the best right now. My lawn is pretty level also. I use my Stihl BR600 to tidy up any clippings.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok thanks for the info. Yes I researched push mowers and I think you were right- the snapper seems to be the best one for the money. At least what I need it for. I have a large 3 acre lot. Use my ZTR for most of it. I need something that will mulch really well, I don't really need to bag. The Ninja sounds like the best right now. My lawn is pretty level also. I use my Stihl BR600 to tidy up any clippings.

Are you buying a New Snapper ninja because for that money I'd look at the Honda HRX217VKA. There the best Mulching mower on the Market $599 New with a 5 year Warranty. JMO

Honda HRX2172VKA 21" Self Propelled Mower w/ SmartDrive WiseSales.com

Threads

As Ric said, if you were planning on buying a new Snapper, a Honda HRX217VKA would be even better! I have the Honda HRX217HYA and absolutely love it! I think it would be better than a new Snapper. Don't get me wrong, older Snappers are good (I did recommend one), but for a new mower, you can't beat the VKA. The mulching is excellent. The first picture isn't with the VKA, but a similar mower. That is how good the HRX line is:
HONDA #1!.jpg

HRX217VKA: HRX217VKA.jpg Honda Lawn Mowers: HRX217VKA, HRX217K4VKA

(video by johnconroy)

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have to put my two cents in at this point seeing we changed from Stihl products to mowers. Toro mowers are just as good as Honda's and Snappers. I think they mulch better, personal pace is easier to use and repair costs if needed are cheaper. I'm 6'-4" and last year I bought and Echo trimmer Model SRM-266S which has a long shaft and works great for us height challenged guys.

Bomba

Threads
Have to put my two cents in at this point seeing we changed from Stihl products to mowers. Toro mowers are just as good as Honda's and Snappers. I think they mulch better, personal pace is easier to use and repair costs if needed are cheaper. I'm 6'-4" and last year I bought and Echo trimmer Model SRM-266S which has a long shaft and works great for us height challenged guys.

Hey Rivets, who would have thought our height would be a disadvantage? Lol!

Bomba

Threads

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would like to see a 4mix chainsaw...that crap will never sell.. haha

:smile: They said the 4 mix trimmers and edgers and blowers wouldn't sell either. They said the same thing about big outboard motors and now everything is 4 stroke. The 2 stroke engine is going to be obsolete.