love my Stihl equipment. . .

themowerking20

Threads
To me standard trimming doesnt justify a bike bar trimmer which is actually sold as a brush cutter ..too big and bulky for hopping out of the truck and trimming around a few obstacles.. trust me ...every time you pull that big brushcutter out for a light trimming task you are going to hate it ..lol

Bomba

Threads
To me standard trimming doesnt justify a bike bar trimmer which is actually sold as a brush cutter ..too big and bulky for hopping out of the truck and trimming around a few obstacles.. trust me ...every time you pull that big brushcutter out for a light trimming task you are going to hate it ..lol

Excellent! Thank u so much for the advice. Do you know if there is a longer shaft available? I'm so tall that trimmers hurt my lower back.

Parkmower

Threads
themowerking20 said:

I agree. And usually if using bike bar you then need a strap or harness system to hold the thing up . Good for hours not minutes.

Bomba

Threads
My push mower needs to be replaced before the Spring. I have a zero turn for most of my mowing but I need a push mower for small areas around the garden, pool and back porch. We had a Bolens that lasted us for 10 years. Any suggestions?

Threads
My push mower needs to be replaced before the Spring. I have a zero turn for most of my mowing but I need a push mower for small areas around the garden, pool and back porch. We had a Bolens that lasted us for 10 years. Any suggestions?

Maybe you could look at a good used Snapper on Craigslist or something. All the good new brands I would suggest are probably more than you would want to spend for a push mower since you have a ZTR for the larger areas.

themowerking20

Threads
Snapper all the way for the push mower.....and try a stihl fs70 trimmer its pro grade and it aint 4 mix

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
From what I have been told. 4mix is all Stihl will have in the near future.

That's what the guy in the shop indicated to me also, Stihl in the near future would all be the 4mix. At this point they still have some 2 stoke stuff available but it probably wont last very long.

themowerking20

Threads
I would like to see a 4mix chainsaw...that crap will never sell.. haha

Exmark fan

Threads
Some of the 2stroke stuff is gone as of 2013. Fs45, fs55, ms290. All gone after dealers run out. And they already have a fuel injected saw. I haven't got to run one yet.

Parkmower

Threads
Exmark fan said:
Some of the 2stroke stuff is gone as of 2013. Fs45, fs55, ms290. All gone after dealers run out. And they already have a fuel injected saw. I haven't got to run one yet.

I love fs55's and ms290's I run both. And that fuel injected saw just sounds like a nightmare. I know nothing about it so maybe it's not that bad.