Gas cans?

steha1

Threads
I know they sell the nozzle/vent kits at Rural King if you're lucky enough to have one nearby.

Lalett

Threads
You can find offer options at any gardening store, but I also prefer to order online. I ran out of fuel for my fire pit, I use gas as a heat source on my patio. Usually my husband does this, but he went on a business trip for a month and a half, so I have to deal with it by my own. I found great site, where there is a lot of information about gas fire pits and propane. It seems to me that propane is more economical, or am I wrong? Can I just change the fuel for the fire? I will be glad to any advice. Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well there we have it.
A fuel can designed by a bunch of experts who have never used a fuel can
A triangular end means they will not pack into the back of your truck / trailer without a special rack to hold it in place.
A seal that relies upon a gasket of some sort in a rotating housing at the BOTTOM of the tank so when it starts to leak, it will leak the entire contents into you boot , nice.
Being bottom discharge you will never get a build up of water cause it will go into your equipments fuel tank without you seeing it, along with all of thrash that sinks to the bottom.
So the actual container is tough, but what about the release trigger ?

And again a totally unnecessary over complicated device that is both expensive and has very little benefit.

I get flabbergasted about the efforts to reduce unburned fuel being released into the atmosphere.
Go to a park near an airport and feel the grass, it is greasy
Why?
Because each jet that takes off tosses hundreds of gallons of unburned fuel right out the back.
At most city airports that is thousands of gallons a day , each & every day , yet we are worried about a few drips form a fuel can.
Almost as silly as the new fuel lines to prevent the 0.0001% of fuel that leaks through the old fuel lines.
That works out about 1 drop per year.
If there is some one who paints their finger / toe nails, that is equivalent to around 3,000,0000 chain saws, every time the nails get a fresh coat.

cruzenmike

Threads
I have a 2.5 gallon Craftsman gas can that I absolutely love. It was clearly made before regulations began dictating how the gas cans had to be manufactured. I purchased two new gas cans when I got my generator last year and the absolutely SUCK!!! I mean, its almost impossible to even pour them off into other containers. I literally spill gasoline all over the place trying to use them. I like the jerrycan idea; I might have to order some.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes,
Don't start me on spouts that do not pour cleanly but dribble down their underside no matter what you pour or how fast / slow you pour it.
And yes I use WWII steel Jerry cans.
Apparently the technology from 1942 for making non drip / drizzle spouts was lost during the victory celelbrations.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm hanging onto my old Blitz* cans long as I can. They work fine.

Attachments

• Old School Blitz 5 Gal..jpg
    Old School Blitz 5 Gal..jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 9

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm hanging onto my old Blitz* cans long as I can. They work fine.

DITTO ! I sometimes find theses "more gooder" gas cans, at yard sales and flea-markets at a decent price .. :thumbsup: