Gas cans?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The prices on gas cans are ridiculous. The last good cans I used was the ones mentioned in the video and they were the GOTT.

slumlord

Threads
My favorite gas can is what Cen Pe Co Diesel fuel additive comes in. It has two pour handles and the spout stores upside down in a hollowed out place in the side handle. It only takes a half minute to get the handle ready for pouring. The best thing is that the can has no parts that protrude from it while you are hauling it around. It should last forever.
I am getting quite a collection of 2-5 gallon cans that fall off trucks and wish that i could find or make new pour spouts for them. If someone comes up with an idea for this,they will be a hero.
The old cans had a long enough spout that you could pour gas in a sheltered fuel fill door,like is on a Bobcat skid loader. I wonder how much gas is getting spilled out of the new cans for reasons like this alone??? Yes.I know,get a funnel,but these get lost out at the jobsite...

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've used these No-Spill cans, and they are quite nice. The larger 5-gallon version does tend to chug and "inhale/exhale" when really full...but never spills a drop

Product Features

No-Spill-Trio.jpg

Caveat: I work for Honda, who sells the No-Spill cans...

I bought ne of those a few weeks ago and I like it.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here in Wisconsin you must by law carry metal gas cans. State troupers can and will pull over lawn company's and do an inspection. This is another reason why I turn in no-name grass cutters into the dept. of agriculture. Lol

That is one more reason I am glad I don' live up there. If they took some of those stupid laws off the books they would not have to hire so many people to harass people and make the money to hire them. More laws mean more people to enforce those laws which means it takes more laws to fine people to get funds to hire somebody to enforce them......

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
According to the United States Enviromental Protection agency:
Amount of oil spilled by the Exxon Valdez: 10.8 million gallons
Amount of gas spilled annually refilling gas mowers: 17 million gallons

:frown:

okiepc

Threads
According to ME, I don't care what the EPA says, I have never had them watch me fuel up my mower, so they know HOW? :thumbdown:

A

AmericanTurf

According to the United States Enviromental Protection agency:
Amount of oil spilled by the Exxon Valdez: 10.8 million gallons
Amount of gas spilled annually refilling gas mowers: 17 million gallons
:frown:

Yeah I "believe" that one.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The EPA was formed around 1970... If it had not been, we would not be able to see through the air today... plus we would not be breathing it today, I recon not many of those griping about EPA regs were not around in the late 60's early 70's when smog alerts were a daily event in larger cities...
I have No idea how much fuel is spilled refueling mowers, but I have seen a Lot spilled just watching the few people I have, carelessly over fill small engine tanks, un-burned hydrocarbons vaporize into the air. If folks were to be just a bit more responsible we would not need hundreds of regulations controlling how we handle our daily lives. Fortunately for all of us, someone noticed that we are not too careful with things that gradually change our environment. They spotted that clear back in the early seventies... and we've made it over 40 years farther down the road, still being able to see through the air & mostly able to breath it.
I myself don't care for all the regulation & compliance required, but I'm sure glad someone saw the need back then....
:smile:KennyV