Wiring ?

aka rotten

Threads
First of all i,m no expert in the wiring of these therefor i come to you experts.Series 8 older mower that ive re worked everything that needed doing underneth.Orginal engine was 12 hp briggs electric start.Engine was blowen when i got it and i just replaced withTecumseth 10 hp.reason beng i had what is a barely used one here.Problem is i went from electric start briggs engine to electric start tecumseth,difference i see is plug to starter is different.Using esisting wirining harness can any of you experts tell me what i can do to make harness in there work?This mower is mine so i dont mind having to cut and splice a wire if i can make it work.Only problem again i can see is starter hookup.Thanks in advance for any help.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Going to need some things from you before we can help. Make and model numbers for the unit. Model numbers for the Tecumseh engine. If you can take some pictures and post them, of the connectors on the engine and the unit it will also help us identify the different wires. With out some of this info it is going to be difficult to help you. Remember we cannot see what you a telling us, so be as accurate as possible.

aka rotten

Threads
First of all i,m no expert in the wiring of these therefor i come to you experts.Series 8 older mower that ive re worked everything that needed doing underneth.Orginal engine was 12 hp briggs electric start.Engine was blowen when i got it and i just replaced withTecumseth 10 hp.reason beng i had what is a barely used one here.Problem is i went from electric start briggs engine to electric start tecumseth,difference i see is plug to starter is different.Using esisting wirining harness can any of you experts tell me what i can do to make harness in there work?This mower is mine so i dont mind having to cut and splice a wire if i can make it work.Only problem again i can see is starter hookup.Thanks in advance for any help.

Dont have info in front of me right now but i can tell ya engine replacement was tvn220 10 hp,orginal 12 hp briggs had a 2 wire plug comming from the charging deal under shroud,t he Tecumseth has just single wire connection.You can see what i,m talking about by looking at Lawn Mower Parts, Small Engine Parts & Much More! | PartsTree.com - Briggs, MTD, Toro, Cub Cadet, Husqvarna, Troy-bilt... list# 3.Mower is series 8 rer .Thanks,hope that helps some

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don't think we are talking about the same thing. To me you are talking about the charging system and not the starting system. Does the wires you are talking about hook to the starter or come out from under the cover. If you post the numbers I asked for, many times I will be able to find you a service manual and wiring diagram. Normally that starter on both the Briggs and Tecumseh have only one wire attached. That wire will go to the solenoid. You may have something different and that is why I ask for numbers. I am not familiar with a TVN220 engine number. Remember I cannot see what you are talking about, so I must look it up in my manuals.

aka rotten

Threads
I don't think we are talking about the same thing. To me you are talking about the charging system and not the starting system. Does the wires you are talking about hook to the starter or come out from under the cover. If you post the numbers I asked for, many times I will be able to find you a service manual and wiring diagram. Normally that starter on both the Briggs and Tecumseh have only one wire attached. That wire will go to the solenoid. You may have something different and that is why I ask for numbers. I am not familiar with a TVN220 engine number. Remember I cannot see what you are talking about, so I must look it up in my manuals.

I recon i,ll see if i can make myself more easy to understand.What i have is Series 8 mower that orginally had briggs engine,i had to replace with tecumseh 10 hp engine,mod tvm220.The orginal harness still there,only difference is charging hook up from briggs to tecumseh.This hook up on tecumseh has a 2 wire plug where briggs had just one wire [had little slide together plug [red].Can i make this orginal harness work?Paul

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK, one of the wires should have a bump above the connector. find out which one has the bump, diode, and connect that wire to the lawnmower wiring harness. Do not remove the bump from the wiring, it is needed to prevent discharge of the battery while setting, and well as convert the AC from the stator to a half wire rectified, DC. You can also make a pigtail harness, and add a diode to the other wire and connect them together going into the tractor wiring harness.