Chainsaw

brucesdeere

Threads
I saw a chainsaw on sale for $259.00 for a Sthil. How good of a deal is that? Is it a deal or am I just thinking it is a deal and it is not one? I have never bought a new saw, I appreciate any feedback.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I saw a chainsaw on sale for $259.00 for a Sthil. How good of a deal is that? Is it a deal or am I just thinking it is a deal and it is not one? I have never bought a new saw, I appreciate any feedback.

That depends on the size and model - get the model from the ad and then do a search for that model and see if you find any prices. I use Dogpile for a search engine Dogpile Web Search it searches multiple search engines.

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
I must agree. I think that sounds about right. I mean, you're in the ball park. But, if the model is too cheap then that could be too expensive.

touree

Threads
'Cheap is expensive', or so does the old adage goes. You can be able to make a thoughtful decision after studying the chain saw's reviews time and again.

Go for it after you are certain it is good value for your money.

Mac 624

Threads

lizard

Threads
Sounds pretty good for a Stihl chainsaw.......they are very good as contractors use them in Australia,they are reliable and have good Dealers.......so yes buy it.:cool:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is a good price for an MS260. New Stihl saws are sold only through Stihl dealers in the US as far as I know. So I'd be a bit cautious if it's not a dealer. You don't want to deal in stolen goods.

As far as the brand goes, I've got two Stihl chainsaws and am in the market for a pole saw. It's a very fine brand.

lizard

Threads
If you buy something at a low price........check to see the original invoice..........no invoice could mean it is stolen property...........you can be charged with 'Receiving'........which is the same penalty as stealing..........so Beware........or suffer the consequences!:ashamed:

Manny

Threads
Are you sure it wasn't on Ebay? Stihl is a good brand, so I would say that was a pretty good deal. I am sure they are gone by now!