Handheld Power Equipment WARRANTIES

davevfla

Threads
Redmax blowers are untouchable by anything. I have a hodge podge of the best IMO redmax blower still edger, and Tanaka weedeater. The Tanaka is super light and comes with a 2 year commercial warranty 7 year homeowner. For $185 sent to the house. I have a still that sits in the trailer unused. Shindaiwa trimmers. I have been super impressed with the weedeater

Ida-Boy

Threads
I just purchased a Dolmar weed trimmer and was told that the company has increased it warranty on the trimmer to 2 years not 1. Paperwork said 1 but seller insisted it is under 2 year warranty.

theresaantonio

Forum Newbie
Threads
When you are looking at buying handheld power equipment like trimmers, edgers, blowers, and the like, one thing to take into consideration is the products' warranty. Different brands have different length warranties, and they differ from consumer to commercial. Here is a list of some of the major brands' warranties.

---Echo Power Equipment
Echo offers a 5 year consumer, 2 year commercial warranty.
View attachment 11499 Best Consumer Warranty Longest Commercial Warranty | ECHO USA

---Stihl Power Equipment
Stihl offers a one or two year consumer warranty on most of their equipment. Their commercial warranty ranges from 90 days to 2 years, depending on the product. Look at the specifics here:
View attachment 11502 STIHL Products Limited Warranty Information | STIHL USA
They also offer an incentive where if you purchase a 6-pack of oil when you purchase your piece of equipment it will double your warranty! 👍 Other brands might also have this.
View attachment 11501 STIHL Engine Oil - Ultra Limited Warranty Information | STIHL USA

---Tanaka Power Equipment
Tanaka has a really long warranty! 7 year consumer, 2 year commercial! 👍
View attachment 11503 Warranty Info

---Other Brands
Here are some other brands' warranties.
View attachment 11506 View attachment 11500 Leading Edge Warranty | Kawasaki - Engines, Replacement Parts, and Power Products
View attachment 11505 View attachment 11504 Product Warranty Information

***I do not guarantee the warranty information above is 100% accurate. If you are making a purchase decision on the length of the warranty, I would check with your local dealer to get more information.
Great, thanks for sharing, appreciated!

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Warranties for handheld power equipment, such as lawnmowers, leaf blowers, chainsaws, and trimmers, can vary depending on the manufacturer, model, and where the equipment was purchased. Here are some common aspects to consider regarding warranties for handheld power equipment:

1. Duration of Warranty:
    • Most manufacturers offer warranties that typically range from one to five years for consumer-grade equipment. Commercial-grade equipment may have shorter warranties.
  2. Consumer vs. Commercial Use:
    • Many warranties distinguish between consumer and commercial use. Commercial use can often result in shorter warranty periods.
  3. Limited vs. Full Warranty:
    • Some warranties are limited, covering specific parts or issues, while others are full warranties, covering a wider range of repairs and issues.
  4. Registration:
    • Some manufacturers require product registration within a certain period to activate the warranty. Be sure to follow any registration instructions provided with your equipment.
  5. Parts and Labor:
    • Check whether the warranty covers both parts and labor for repairs or if it only covers parts. Some warranties may require you to cover labor costs.
  6. Routine Maintenance:
    • Be aware that many warranties may require you to perform routine maintenance as specified in the equipment's manual. Failure to do so could void the warranty.
  7. Authorized Service Centers:
    • Warranties often specify that repairs must be performed by authorized service centers or technicians to remain valid.
  8. Transportation Costs:
    • Consider if the warranty covers transportation costs associated with getting your equipment to a service center for repairs.
  9. Exclusions and Limitations:
    • Review the warranty's fine print for exclusions and limitations. Common exclusions may include wear and tear, damage due to misuse, and cosmetic issues.
  10. Third-Party Warranties:
    • In some cases, third-party extended warranties may be available for purchase separately.
  11. Manufacturer Reputation:
    • Consider the reputation of the manufacturer and its history of honoring warranties. Reading customer reviews and seeking recommendations can help gauge this.
  12. Retain Documentation:
    • Keep all documentation related to your equipment purchase and warranty in a safe place. This includes the owner's manual, receipt, and any warranty cards or registration information.
It's crucial to thoroughly read and understand the warranty terms and conditions provided by the manufacturer. If you have any questions or concerns about the warranty coverage, don't hesitate to contact the manufacturer's customer support or the retailer where you purchased the equipment for clarification.

Additionally, be proactive in maintaining your handheld power equipment by following the manufacturer's maintenance recommendations to help prevent issues and ensure warranty coverage, if needed.
I have never taken an advantage of a warranty on any product I have ever purchased. Whether it be a $10 box fan or a $15,000 zero turn.
Warranties are like insurance, they make people feel warm and fuzzy. People have been conditioned to buy extended warranties and insurance.
Who would buy an extended warranty on a $50 product? People do it all day long.
Who would buy insurance on a cell phone? Happens all the time.
That is where the good gross profit is for the company, warranty and insurance.