Sulky

LawnBoy8

Forum Newbie
Threads
What are your alls thoughts on which sulky is the best on the market?

Threads

I have never used a sulky so I do not know which ones "are the best", but I can show you the different kinds and tell you what I think would be good/bad about them. Here are some of the kinds:

This sulky only has one wheel, and you put your feet on either side of it. The negative about this is it would leave a line in the middle of the cut grass.
one wheel sulky.gif

This kind of sulky has 2 wheels. Depending on the width of the mower, sometimes the wheels are behind the mower wheels, so there are no extra tracks from the sulky wheels.
2 wheel.jpg other 2 wheel.jpg

This kind has a seat. Again, the tires can be behind the mower tires so there might not be another track from the sulky wheels. But this might make the mower hardr to control since you are sitting down.
with a seat.jpg

This kind has NO wheels. It just slides around on the ground. It is supposed to be good because it keeps you at the same height off the ground whether you are "sliding" or walking. You can see it here: Proslide.
no wheels.jpg pro slide.jpg

D2hornets58

Threads
I use the x2 sulky made be Wright. Over all I like it a lot and it works great. The only problem is the bearings seem to wear out quicker then I would think. But other then that its a good sulky.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads

I've used a one wheel sulky and the lines look great as long as they are all straight with most sulkys your turns are what makes the lines look funny but it definately cuts your mow time down and cuts a lot of physical labor by definition its very efficent

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't really know what Sulky would be the best on the market. I think it would most likely come down to personal preference. If I had to get one I'd buy the Proslide that LMF posted in his reply, it would seem to make the most sense.

LawnBoy8

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ended up going with the pro slide sulky. I took it for a few laps around the house and it seemed to work good. However, I recommend taking the safety device out of it. This lets it extend further away from the mower for a more comforatable ride. But if you do this you have to be carfeul because if you mow with the grass slighty moist the sulky will slide out from beneath you when you go down hills. But all in works great. I perfer it much better than the sulkies with wheels. Plus it acts as a striping kit.

Threads
I ended up going with the pro slide sulky. I took it for a few laps around the house and it seemed to work good. However, I recommend taking the safety device out of it. This lets it extend further away from the mower for a more comforatable ride. But if you do this you have to be carfeul because if you mow with the grass slighty moist the sulky will slide out from beneath you when you go down hills. But all in works great. I perfer it much better than the sulkies with wheels. Plus it acts as a striping kit.

Good choice! Yes, I think it is cool how it is like a striping kit! Just curious, had you heard of the Proslide before I posted about it a few days ago?

LawnBoy8

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah i have a buddy who has used one for a while. But i wanted to get a bigger sample size for opinions on the best one. I actually bought an old one off of him.

Threads
Yeah i have a buddy who has used one for a while. But i wanted to get a bigger sample size for opinions on the best one. I actually bought an old one off of him.

OK, cool! Let us know how you like it when you get to use it more! :thumbsup::thumbsup: