What's your experience with Kubota?

adan

Threads
Thanks to this forum I now see that Kubota is the brand that I'll most likely explore further. It's locally available and there are a lot of freelance mechanics who are familiar with the brand.

What's your experience with Kubota? What are its strengths and weaknesses?

lizard

Threads
Thanks to this forum I now see that Kubota is the brand that I'll most likely explore further. It's locally available and there are a lot of freelance mechanics who are familiar with the brand.

What's your experience with Kubota? What are its strengths and weaknesses?

Kubota has been in Australia for over 20 years and they are a legendry machine..........just buy it!
Amazing reliablity and everyone loves them here.:biggrin:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have not owned one - Neighbor has the BX series and after seeing what my Ventrac will do -- they want to trade up.

I had to pull them out of the snow this past winter. They have bar tires front and rear, but could not go where the Ventrac would.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Kubota is ....W O N D E R F U L ...
Great company very well engineered and a very very good distribution network...

What exactly are you looking to get? Kubota manufactures a lot of things from engines to construction equipment... :smile:KennyV

adan

Threads
Kubota is ....W O N D E R F U L ...
Great company very well engineered and a very very good distribution network...

What exactly are you looking to get? Kubota manufactures a lot of things from engines to construction equipment... :smile:KennyV

Kubota is very popular among farmers here. It's the brand that dominates the market for tillers.

But I still have to do visit them regarding ride-on lawn mowers. If they don't have it, I would consider whatever mower they may supply.

JasonB

Threads
Had a bad experence with a Kubota F2560 Front Mower, then again it was a Municipality unit and was beat up pretty bad as well, so I can't fault the machine buts its previous owner. Had to put $4K into the engine with a new cylinder head, pistions and a bunch of other things. It had a rear discharge deck and quite frankly was not impressed with the rear discharge deck..., to many customers were complaining about the rear discharge deck so I sold it off... Could not find a used side discharge deck for it and a new one was over $3K.

Kubota has a good product and Engine, but I really dislike their Hydro petal on all there mowers and compact tractors... I have driven a few BX2200's, BX2350's, F25-3060's etc and really did not care for the Hydro petal.... If they had 2 petals (Forward & Reverse) side by side then it would be a whole different story, just my preference from running a Deere 2305 & MF G2300.

Also a Tilt steering wheel on their BX Sub-Compacts would be nice, like the New JD coming out as well a tilt steering wheel on the GR2100's would be ideal. I have driven a few Kubotas and these are some changes I would like to see done on future Kubotas.

adan

Threads
Hi JasonB, thanks for sharing your experience. May I ask what a "hydro petal" is? I'm not yet that technically savvy, so I hope you won't mind a little explanation :)

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi JasonB, thanks for sharing your experience. May I ask what a "hydro petal" is? I'm not yet that technically savvy, so I hope you won't mind a little explanation :)

I think JasnB is refering to the throttle acuation. The Kubota has a foot pedal that is a little different in that it pivots in the middle instead of at the end like a typical car. You push down on the top with your toe to go forward and you bush down on the bottom to go backward with your heel. Perhaps because this is a hydrostatic drive, JasonB calls it a "hydropedal"?

Driller

Threads
All I know is the name, but I've always associated it with a good product. There are so many options out there. I'm in the process of researching several, more for other family members than for us, but I haven't gotten to this one yet.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
All I know is the name, but I've always associated it with a good product. There are so many options out there. I'm in the process of researching several, more for other family members than for us, but I haven't gotten to this one yet.

I seriously looked at Kubota back when I was shopping for a CUT back in "02...thought their equipment was very well made, almost purchased one but got a deal on green that was too good too pass up. Yet, if replacing my JD, would again seriously consider orange again, they didn't become a big company by building poor quality tractors.