Buying Advice Trailer/ZTR

Lohman mows lawns

Threads
Should I Buy a trailer first when I have a large dump cart as a trailer now or should I get ZTR when I have a john Deere GT235

Threads
K-Pro-Mowing is right.....ZTR's are not made for pulling, but they can pull some weight. I would read post #8 in the following thread...it will give you some insight on ZTR's pulling trailers: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/cub-cadet-forum/13181-need-rear-bumper.html.

Or you could read it here:

"Toro makes a hitch kit for their Timecutters to haul "light duty attachments". So if a not-heavy cart is a light duty attachment, then I guess you can use it on a ZTR, or at least that brand of ZTR.
hitch kit.jpg
Another LMF user, bjc, uses a Toro Timecutter SS5000 50" to pull a utility cart with a weedwacker, blower, etc. in it. It was a couple months ago but I don't remember him saying he had any troubles. I am looking for a post that proves that but I think I just private-messaged him about it. The original post in this thread says what equipment he has, but doesn't say anything about his trailer. http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/mower-buying-pricing/10618-upgrading-lawn-equipment.html
And also in this thread (http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/general-mower-discussion/6474-zero-turn-attachments.html) it shows a utility cart for a ZTR mower. There are also other attachments like plows. If they can plow snow, they SHOULD be able to haul a light cart.
"
-------
If I was you I would want a ZTR so it would save time, but I would want a lawn tractor to pull the trailer. :confused2:
How large are the properties you mow on average?

Threads
The yards I mow rage in size from 1/4 acer to 4 acres

OK then I would definitely think about a ZTR. You have to make sure it will fit through gates if there are any, though. But a ZTR will save you a lot of time, now there is the problem with hauling a trailer/cart with one. :confused2:

Lohman mows lawns

Threads
lawn mower fanatic said:
OK then I would definitely think about a ZTR. You have to make sure it will fit through gates if there are any, though. But a ZTR will save you a lot of time, now there is the problem with hauling a trailer/cart with one. :confused2:

I think I will stick with my dump cart and improve it a little but I will be getting a ZTR before anything

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I think I will stick with my dump cart and improve it a little but I will be getting a ZTR before anything

I fill that your not making the right choice I like a zrt but think to.your self wb your other mower hauling them and timers I know u cant fit 2 push mower and gas tanks and all of that look at a 4*6 good size I am also younger like u almost 15 and been mowing or 4 years making a lot of $ and if u look at.most of my post it about buying something I am ready to buy good equpmient if your mower mows good then I.would get the trailer first :thumbdown:eek:n zero turn first and trailer gets :thumbsup:

metz12

Threads
dont waste your money on a ztr. you dont need one yet. your rider is fine. ztr's dont pull trailers well either. wait until you have more jobs. plus your tractor is more versatile.