Honda Owners Group

Threads
I just wanted to tell you that there are many groups available for people to join. There is a Honda Owners Group. You can join this group if you have any kind of Honda equipment....from mowers to snowblowers, if you have one, join! You can have discussions and post pictures! The more members the better, so join below:
Honda Owners Group: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/groups/honda-owners.html
honda.jpg

Last edited:

xsailor8

Forum Newbie
Threads
Don’t love mine...bought mine over the internet and it seemed it was shipped in the factory box without it ever being opened. After much research I found it wouldn’t roll backward because someone who had one too many put the pinion gears on backwards

ladyearth

Forum Newbie
Threads
don't love mine. I mentiomed to Hubby read that a Honda was great and easy to start. so when he went back to big former city last year during the winter. He went by himself and bought a Honda. Well the saleman said someone returned it or traded it in. it looked new He said. Got the 3 yr like new warranty too.
I had mentioned also that an elec start model might be good too previously.
It is so heavy of a deck. It is so hard to push it back up the hill when motor is off. ( i am. a SEnior skinny female )and Right away Noticed it was so hard to restart when you would let go of the blade engagement to empty bagger etc. had to wait a long time for it to work rather turning the key or pulling the recoil starter. what a pain in the butt
The reason had to turn off the mower before putting it back in the garage as the s driveway up hill and is gravel
Now I still have my old Bunton but havent used it in a long time Cause Hubby used the big rider to cut most of the acreage. and a mower to trim areas he cant get to with the 54 inch cut tractor
we also had a Neuton mower sev yrs old so prev used that some for "trimming" some.
I wanted to kick the mower cause when i want to mulch leaves etc I wanna get it done. Not wait around for the engine to start again. For the money this thing cost I said "why doesn't it have a blade stop like the old Bunton does ?
when WE went back to city last week dropped off the Honda to be looked at. I asked why their Hondas didnt have an aluminum deck.. LIke my former Craftsman, and sev prev Lawn Boys... I didnt mention about blades not being able to be stopped. we were in semi hurry and place was busy.
Hubby Called today and supposedly they just started on it. City is 1 1/2 hrs away.
so I got looking some thru the Honda questions on THIS FORUM and I see the words"roto_stop" Now Im livid
I could have had such a feature. Rah. and not have to turn off the engine to go around the other part of yard etc when going over the gravel driveway
I hurriedly told Hubby about such a feature.. He said the salesman never even told him about such........ Im spiting mad
anybody else have such a prob with their Hondas having to wait a lot time to restart the engine? etc. Hubby saw or read somewhere about that carb and something to do with "wax"

Honda Tech

Threads
don't love mine. I mentiomed to Hubby read that a Honda was great and easy to start. so when he went back to big former city last year during the winter. He went by himself and bought a Honda. Well the saleman said someone returned it or traded it in. it looked new He said. Got the 3 yr like new warranty too.
I had mentioned also that an elec start model might be good too previously.
It is so heavy of a deck. It is so hard to push it back up the hill when motor is off. ( i am. a SEnior skinny female )and Right away Noticed it was so hard to restart when you would let go of the blade engagement to empty bagger etc. had to wait a long time for it to work rather turning the key or pulling the recoil starter. what a pain in the butt
The reason had to turn off the mower before putting it back in the garage as the s driveway up hill and is gravel
Now I still have my old Bunton but havent used it in a long time Cause Hubby used the big rider to cut most of the acreage. and a mower to trim areas he cant get to with the 54 inch cut tractor
we also had a Neuton mower sev yrs old so prev used that some for "trimming" some.
I wanted to kick the mower cause when i want to mulch leaves etc I wanna get it done. Not wait around for the engine to start again. For the money this thing cost I said "why doesn't it have a blade stop like the old Bunton does ?
when WE went back to city last week dropped off the Honda to be looked at. I asked why their Hondas didnt have an aluminum deck.. LIke my former Craftsman, and sev prev Lawn Boys... I didnt mention about blades not being able to be stopped. we were in semi hurry and place was busy.
Hubby Called today and supposedly they just started on it. City is 1 1/2 hrs away.
so I got looking some thru the Honda questions on THIS FORUM and I see the words"roto_stop" Now Im livid
I could have had such a feature. Rah. and not have to turn off the engine to go around the other part of yard etc when going over the gravel driveway
I hurriedly told Hubby about such a feature.. He said the salesman never even told him about such........ Im spiting mad
anybody else have such a prob with their Hondas having to wait a lot time to restart the engine? etc. Hubby saw or read somewhere about that carb and something to do with "wax"

Hi Ladyearth! Sorry to hear about your situation with a Honda mower. Yes, Honda makes a number of different variations and it sounds like the one you really wanted is the Honda HRX217HZA. Electric start, roto-stop and hydro-drive...Premium!

I'm not sure which model you have, but I am aware of a restart issue with the HRR series and there is a simple fix for it and your Honda authorized dealer should be very aware of it. If not, have them look at Honda Lawn Mower Service Bulletin #106.

Mr-Mom

Threads
I have a Honda HT-R3811, which I purchased used about twenty years ago, so I really don't know how old it is. It has taken some work over the years, mostly related to bearing is the mow deck, but overall it's been a great machine. It mows well and I have a two cubic yard, home made, wooden cart for it that is a godsend when it comes to picking up leaves and brush. A great machine that serves me well.

Northwest Guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a brand New Honda HRX217HYA two months ago to replace my 11 year old Honda, same model. I loved my old Honda, I figured I deserved a brand new one, but the new one I got from Home Depot had a big issue right out of the box. After adding the oil (of course), I got one mow out of it and the next week, I couldn't even pull the cord to turn over the engine. It felt almost siezed. I finally gorilla'd it into moving and it about pulled my fingers off when the compression retracted the cord. I was furious!

So, took it back to Lowes for a refund and ordered another one. 4 days later, I assemble the second HRX217HYA walk behind, with blade stop and hydrostatic drive, and mowed the lawn twice without any incident. Then tried mowing for the third week and Wammo! Same friggen problem with excessive compression not allowing me to pull the cord! I rechecked the oil level - it was fine being only 3 weeks old. Checked under the deck, nothing but fragments of mowing my manicured lawn. I was finally able to slowly pull hard on the cord until if finally started to rotate, and that freed things up enough, so I was willing to risk loosing my fingers with a hard pull and was able to start it. What in the heck is going on here? I've had this same mower for over 11 years and never a problem with starting in one or two pulls - and now I have two new ones that I can't even get to turn over.

Should I return this second mower for another refund and take my chances on a third mower?
Is there some clearance or machining issue going on in the factory with these brand new GCV200 engines?? Help!

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd personally get a refund & look for another old one..

damcar

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a brand New Honda HRX217HYA two months ago to replace my 11 year old Honda, same model. I loved my old Honda, I figured I deserved a brand new one, but the new one I got from Home Depot had a big issue right out of the box. After adding the oil (of course), I got one mow out of it and the next week, I couldn't even pull the cord to turn over the engine. It felt almost siezed. I finally gorilla'd it into moving and it about pulled my fingers off when the compression retracted the cord. I was furious!

So, took it back to Lowes for a refund and ordered another one. 4 days later, I assemble the second HRX217HYA walk behind, with blade stop and hydrostatic drive, and mowed the lawn twice without any incident. Then tried mowing for the third week and Wammo! Same friggen problem with excessive compression not allowing me to pull the cord! I rechecked the oil level - it was fine being only 3 weeks old. Checked under the deck, nothing but fragments of mowing my manicured lawn. I was finally able to slowly pull hard on the cord until if finally started to rotate, and that freed things up enough, so I was willing to risk loosing my fingers with a hard pull and was able to start it. What in the heck is going on here? I've had this same mower for over 11 years and never a problem with starting in one or two pulls - and now I have two new ones that I can't even get to turn over.

Should I return this second mower for another refund and take my chances on a third mower?
Is there some clearance or machining issue going on in the factory with these brand new GCV200 engines?? Help!
Your post is a little old now but here is what I an experiencing with my NEW hrx217hzaa. Paid $1200 and brought it home. Mowed for about 20 minutes then put it in the garage. The next week when I tried to start it with the electric start it would not turn over so I pulled the rope. Way to much compression. So I called the dealer and the owner said yes they are having problems with the compression release, just bring it back and they will fix it. That was over three weeks ago and they still don't have the part from Honda and don't know when they will have it. Tomorrow I am going to ask for a refund and see what they say.

Bottom line is this is an ongoing problem right now so I would not advise anyone to buy the new Honda.

I had a John Deere 14SB for over 23 years that I gave away and now I wish I still had it.