Kubota Zero Turns

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do any of you guys on this forum run Kubota Zero Turn mowers. They are very popular in our area.

Threads
Do any of you guys on this forum run Kubota Zero Turn mowers. They are very popular in our area.

I don't, and I don't see many lawn care businesses in our area running them. The popular brand in our area is Exmark. And for push mowers a lot of lawn care businesses have Honda mowers. Different brands are more popular in different parts of the country. Like Redmax power equipment is apparently a good brand but I think it is more in the south and west, because I never see it here!

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't, and I don't see many lawn care businesses in our area running them. The popular brand in our area is Exmark. And for push mowers a lot of lawn care businesses have Honda mowers. Different brands are more popular in different parts of the country. Like Redmax power equipment is apparently a good brand but I think it is more in the south and west, because I never see it here!

I am running the 48" gas commercial mower. Most of the guys in our area run the bigger diesel ones. I chose the smaller one hoping that I might fill a niche.

There are numerous other brands here but it seems that when most people are replacing their old ones they replace them with Kubota. I know mine appears to be awesome. I think the main thing I like about it is that there is only one belt on the entire mower. Everything else is either drive shaft and gearbox or hydrastatic driven by a driveshaft....... Give me a year and I will tell you more.

Threads
I am running the 48" gas commercial mower. Most of the guys in our area run the bigger diesel ones. I chose the smaller one hoping that I might fill a niche.

There are numerous other brands here but it seems that when most people are replacing their old ones they replace them with Kubota. I know mine appears to be awesome. I think the main thing I like about it is that there is only one belt on the entire mower. Everything else is either drive shaft and gearbox or hydrastatic driven by a driveshaft....... Give me a year and I will tell you more.

OK.....it seems like a nice mower! :thumbsup: Do you have any pictures of it??

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I'm just curious but did you buy your Kubota new and how much did you pay for it if I can ask?

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm just curious but did you buy your Kubota new and how much did you pay for it if I cab ask?

Yes I bought it new. I forget the exact figures now but it was less than $8K out the door. I have only about 80 hours on it right now. I know of guys that have been running them for three or four years though with NO problems. I think that the bigger diesel ones run up in the mid teen $$$$. Mine is a pretty much bottom or entry level Commercial. it has greasable spindles and it has the welded deck not a stamped one.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK.....it seems like a nice mower! :thumbsup: Do you have any pictures of it??

I don't have any pics of my equipment right now. I will get it out tomorrow and take some if it is not raining and I have time.

I am supposed to do a yard the first part of this week if it is not raining.

Threads
I don't have any pics of my equipment right now. I will get it out tomorrow and take some if it is not raining and I have time.

I am supposed to do a yard the first part of this week if it is not raining.

Gosh you are lucky! I don't mow any lawns until like April! (I started March 25 last year because it had been a warm winter.)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes I bought it new. I forget the exact figures now but it was less than $8K out the door. I have only about 80 hours on it right now. I know of guys that have been running them for three or four years though with NO problems. I think that the bigger diesel ones run up in the mid teen $$$$. Mine is a pretty much bottom or entry level Commercial. it has greasable spindles and it has the welded deck not a stamped one.

The reason I asked was because you said they seemed to be very popular in your area. I've never seen a Kubota ZTR here in this area and I think it's probably due to the cost. You can buy a fairly decent 48" ztr in the 5 to 6K range.
I know there is a Kubota dealer here because one of my friends has one of there big tractors so I would assume they would have the mowers also.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The reason I asked was because you said they seemed to be very popular in your area. I've never seen a Kubota ZTR here in this area and I think it's probably due to the cost. You can buy a fairly decent 48" ztr in the 5 to 6K range.
I know there is a Kubota dealer here because one of my friends has one of there big tractors so I would assume they would have the mowers also.

I agree that they are not cheap by any means but they are good. I forget all of the info in it as far as warranty and so forth but I got mine financed for 0 down and 0 interest and they have a pretty reasonable insurance as well that you can get. It has like a $200 deductable and between the warranty and the insurance the dealer said he had never seen anything that was not covered. My second choice was Skag. The same dealer is also a dealer for Skag. I have always favored Kubota tractors. I actually worked for this dealer when I got out of highschool back in 1975 and 76.My father worked for them also. I went to service school back then on Kubota tractors. My father actually uncrated and assembled the first Kubota that was sold in our area back in the 1970's. I think 73 but that might not be right. A kubota us usually as tough as an anvil.