Kubota Zero Turns

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Gosh you are lucky! I don't mow any lawns until like April! (I started March 25 last year because it had been a warm winter.)

The yard I have this week will be to mainly grind up leaves and just kind of shape it back up with my mulcher...... It is a good customer relatively large yard.

mullins87

Threads
Around here there is no one overwhelming choice for the commercial mowers. I do see mainly Bad Boys, Scags and ExMarks on the trailers. My dad has a Kubota ZD28 with the 72 Pro deck. He uses it to mow his nearly 9 acre yard. I know the dealer experience can make or break the ownership experience. One of the wheel motors went out when his mower was roughly three years old, I don't know how many hours were on it at the time. The dealer came and picked up his mower, and left him a similar one to use. When the bad wheel motor was diagnosed, the dealer replaced the ENTIRE hydraulic system and they said there would be no way to be absolutely certain all the metal shavings were flushed out of the system. That was 6 or 7 years ago and dad has not had one problem with it since.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Around here there is no one overwhelming choice for the commercial mowers. I do see mainly Bad Boys, Scags and ExMarks on the trailers. My dad has a Kubota ZD28 with the 72 Pro deck. He uses it to mow his nearly 9 acre yard. I know the dealer experience can make or break the ownership experience. One of the wheel motors went out when his mower was roughly three years old, I don't know how many hours were on it at the time. The dealer came and picked up his mower, and left him a similar one to use. When the bad wheel motor was diagnosed, the dealer replaced the ENTIRE hydraulic system and they said there would be no way to be absolutely certain all the metal shavings were flushed out of the system. That was 6 or 7 years ago and dad has not had one problem with it since.

I don't have any experience with any other kind. In-fact. the only other zero turn that I have run period was a Cub Cadet and I only cut one yard with it. It belongs to my brother in law and I cut his yard for him one time when he had surgery. There is no comparison between the two in my opinion.

SgRacing

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do any of you guys on this forum run Kubota Zero Turn mowers. They are very popular in our area.

From a Cub 100 (I'm the original owner, 1965) to a 2012 Kubota ZD326.... :thumbsup:

I love it! 50hrs on it now, can't wait to use it again.

Shawn

attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
From a Cub 100 (I'm the original owner, 1965) to a 2012 Kubota ZD326.... :thumbsup:

I love it! 50hrs on it now, can't wait to use it again.

Shawn

attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

I bought the ZG 222 with the 48" Commercial deck. I got mine in early August and it has close to 90 hours on it if memory serves me correctly. I ran it about an hour yesterday. Other than changing the oil the only thing I have done is tighten the bolt on the brake pedal. It started working loose at about 10 hours. Kubota is one tough mower.

More and more of the commercial guys here run them.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks Nice, I'm assuming it's a gas engine or is it a diesel engine. If I can ask what engine does it have and what's the HP or did I miss that in another post.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks Nice, I'm assuming it's a gas engine or is it a diesel engine. If I can ask what engine does it have and what's the HP or did I miss that in another post.

ZD is diesel I believe and ZG is gas. :licking:

mullins87

Threads
Dad's is a ZD28, that being a 28hp diesel. So if his is a ZD326, I assume it is a 32hp diesel, not sure about the "6" though.

SgRacing

Forum Newbie
Threads
ZD326=

D=Diesel
3= 300 series
26= 26hp

I'm a homeower and the biggest reason I bought the ZD326 is I wanted something to last like my old Cub (which still runs good after 46 years) And time is money. It was taking me 3hrs to cut 2.5 acers with 1.5 gal of Gas. The ZD326 take 1hr and 20 mins to do the same and 1 gal of diesel.

In 2nd gear the cub only can go 3.2MPH (using a GPS) top speed. whereas the ZD326 can run as high as 11.4 MPH, however about 7-9 MPH is about where I cut mostly. :smile:

When you have to cut your yard every 3-4 days in the peak growing season, Time is money to me, although the Kubota sure does make it fun to use.

Shawn

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
ZD326=

D=Diesel
3= 300 series
26= 26hp

I'm a homeower and the biggest reason I bought the ZD326 is I wanted something to last like my old Cub (which still runs good after 46 years) And time is money. It was taking me 3hrs to cut 2.5 acers with 1.5 gal of Gas. The ZD326 take 1hr and 20 mins to do the same and 1 gal of diesel.

In 2nd gear the cub only can go 3.2MPH (using a GPS) top speed. whereas the ZD326 can run as high as 11.4 MPH, however about 7-9 MPH is about where I cut mostly. :smile:

When you have to cut your yard every 3-4 days in the peak growing season, Time is money to me, although the Kubota sure does make it fun to use.

Shawn

I know mine will rock and roll.

I have to sharpen the blades on it every day. I guess as much grass as it will cut in a day that is not too bad.