Types of Leaf Blowers

Threads
You have many choices when it comes to which kind of leaf blower you can to buy. Some things to consider include how long you will be using it (will you want to hold a handheld blower for a few hours straight?), how much debris you will be trying to move, and also what you want it to be powered by.
which leaf blower.jpg
(The Four Types of Leaf Blowers: Which is Right for You?)
----------------------------------------
arrow.gifElectric Handheld Blower: This is good for light use, where you don't need to move a lot of debris, or you don't like dealing with gas or mixing gas/oil. There are many brands to choose from for electric handheld blowers, including Black and Decker and Toro. A lot of the time these come with a bag to vacuum up the leaves, or you can just blow them. But you need to be near a power source.
B&D: Black & Decker Tools | 240 MPH Blower Vacuum BV3800
Toro: Toro | Ultra Blower Vac (51599)
toro blower and vac.jpg

arrow.gifGas Handheld Blower: These are good for anywhere from light use to moderate/heavy use. They can move more debris than electric blowers (in general), and are more portable since you don't need to be near an outlet. But you need to deal with gas. Most are 2-cycle (mix of oil/gas), but some are 4-cycle. There are many brands that sell these (ranging in price). You can go for durability and get an Echo or a Stihl.
Echo: ECHO PB-255 Easy Starting Low Noise Handheld Leaf Blower - ECHO USA | ECHO USA
Stihl: BG 56 C-E Handheld Blower - Powerful Gas Leaf Blowers | STIHL USA
blower.jpg

arrow.gifGas Backpack Blower: Backpack blowers are better for lots of debris or when you will be operating it for longer periods of time. Again, there are many brands for these, but Stihl and Echo are some good ones.
Stihl: BR 550 Backpack Blower - Professional Back Pack Blowers | STIHL USA
Echo: ECHO PB-500H Emission-Compliant Tube-Mounted Throttle Backpack Leaf Blower - ECHO USA | ECHO USA
PB-500T.jpg

arrow.gifWalk-Behind/Wheeled Blowers: These are a step up from a backpack blower. They are made for the property owner or lawn care worker who needs to clear a lot of area or thick leaves fast. They come in self-propell or push options. On most you can adjust the up/down direction of the nozzle. A brand that makes these is Billy Goat.
Billy Goat: F13 Contractor / Municipal | Billy Goat Industries, Inc.
blower.jpg

arrow.gifOthers: The above list is what most of the blowers available are. But there are also some others. They include large tow-behind blowers (such as the following one from Toro) and also blowers to mount to the front of your ZTR (seen below).
Toro Tow-Behind Blower: Toro | Debris Blowers
Billy Goat blower for your ZTR: FZ For Your ZTR | Billy Goat Industries, Inc.
toro tow-behind blower.jpg ZTR blower.jpg

--------------------------------
echo.jpg.........http://www.echo-usa.com/
stihl.jpg.........http://stihl.com/
toro.jpg.......http://www.toro.com/en-us/pages/default.aspx
billy goat.jpg........http://www.billygoat.com/

Threads
Last edited:

sgmgarden

Threads
Thanks for posting this for us all, I am sure it will help a lot of people who are looking for further information on leaf blowers or to buy one.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
I'm getting an Echo backpack blower soon, probably a PB500T.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think it seems fit for my business. It will be replacing a Ryobi backpack blower.

Is there something wrong with the PB500T?

No there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not as strong as what I thought you would want for a business and seeing that you have a Stihl avatar it was funny you decided on the Echo.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
No there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not as strong as what I thought you would want for a business and seeing that you have a Stihl avatar it was funny you decided on the Echo.

I already have three Stihl backpack blowers, Just thought I'd give an Echo a try. I see lots of companies using Echo backpack blowers 'round here.

I have three Echo string trimmers, they are very dependable and long lasting. Never had an Echo backpack before, I hear they're just as good as Stihl.

But to me, Stihl will always be #1!

jakewells

Threads
I bought a new Husqvarna 580BTS backpack blower because i needed more power and this blower has almost hurricane force winds from it
and can blow rocks,pine needles and small kids out of my yard if i need to here are the specs HUSQVARNA 580BTS - Blowers
75.6 cc, 907.6 cfm, 206.2 mph, 26.9 lbs

Attachments

• 6fa9ff87.jpg
    6fa9ff87.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 3

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I already have three Stihl backpack blowers, Just thought I'd give an Echo a try. I see lots of companies using Echo backpack blowers 'round here.

I have three Echo string trimmers, they are very dependable and long lasting. Never had an Echo backpack before, I hear they're just as good as Stihl.

But to me, Stihl will always be #1!

If your looking for an all around blower I think th Stihl BR 600 is probably the best all around Back Pack you can get and it's the cheapest to run of all the so called big gun blowers. It's going to do everything well. I hang two of them on the trailer along with the BR 200.