Types of Leaf Blowers

detdrbuzzard

Threads
I have a hand held craftsman gas blower/ vac blower but the walk behind yard vac gets the most use, it vac's up more leaves and blows more debris on the lowest setting than the hand held does on high, sometimes I wish it were self propelled though

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
You have many choices when it comes to which kind of leaf blower you can to buy. Some things to consider include how long you will be using it (will you want to hold a handheld blower for a few hours straight?), how much debris you will be trying to move, and also what you want it to be powered by.
View attachment 11049
(The Four Types of Leaf Blowers: Which is Right for You?)
----------------------------------------
View attachment 11037Electric Handheld Blower: This is good for light use, where you don't need to move a lot of debris, or you don't like dealing with gas or mixing gas/oil. There are many brands to choose from for electric handheld blowers, including Black and Decker and Toro. A lot of the time these come with a bag to vacuum up the leaves, or you can just blow them. But you need to be near a power source.
B&D: Black & Decker Tools | 240 MPH Blower Vacuum BV3800
Toro: Toro | Ultra Blower Vac (51599)
View attachment 11038

View attachment 11037Gas Handheld Blower: These are good for anywhere from light use to moderate/heavy use. They can move more debris than electric blowers (in general), and are more portable since you don't need to be near an outlet. But you need to deal with gas. Most are 2-cycle (mix of oil/gas), but some are 4-cycle. There are many brands that sell these (ranging in price). You can go for durability and get an Echo or a Stihl.
Echo: ECHO PB-255 Easy Starting Low Noise Handheld Leaf Blower - ECHO USA | ECHO USA
Stihl: BG 56 C-E Handheld Blower - Powerful Gas Leaf Blowers | STIHL USA
View attachment 11044

View attachment 11037Gas Backpack Blower: Backpack blowers are better for lots of debris or when you will be operating it for longer periods of time. Again, there are many brands for these, but Stihl and Echo are some good ones.
Stihl: BR 550 Backpack Blower - Professional Back Pack Blowers | STIHL USA
Echo: ECHO PB-500H Emission-Compliant Tube-Mounted Throttle Backpack Leaf Blower - ECHO USA | ECHO USA
View attachment 11040

View attachment 11037Walk-Behind/Wheeled Blowers: These are a step up from a backpack blower. They are made for the property owner or lawn care worker who needs to clear a lot of area or thick leaves fast. They come in self-propell or push options. On most you can adjust the up/down direction of the nozzle. A brand that makes these is Billy Goat.
Billy Goat: F13 Contractor / Municipal | Billy Goat Industries, Inc.
View attachment 11041

View attachment 11037Others: The above list is what most of the blowers available are. But there are also some others. They include large tow-behind blowers (such as the following one from Toro) and also blowers to mount to the front of your ZTR (seen below).
Toro Tow-Behind Blower: Toro | Debris Blowers
Billy Goat blower for your ZTR: FZ For Your ZTR | Billy Goat Industries, Inc.
View attachment 11050 View attachment 11042

--------------------------------
View attachment 11046.........http://www.echo-usa.com/
View attachment 11047.........http://stihl.com/
View attachment 11048.......http://www.toro.com/en-us/pages/default.aspx
View attachment 11045........http://www.billygoat.com/

Put a little ...??? work into this post ... NICE JOB !!! very informative !!! ....:thumbsup: Boobala

mitchkrama

Forum Newbie
Threads
If your looking for an all around blower I think th Stihl BR 600 is probably the best all around Back Pack you can get and it's the cheapest to run of all the so called big gun blowers. It's going to do everything well. I hang two of them on the trailer along with the BR 200.

Last fall I finally decided to purchase a new backpack. I went to a dealer to check out a stihl BR350 since it was for my 1.5 acre property and I didn't need anything more powerful. However the salesmen managed up-sell me on the BR600 by telling me not only was the 600 more powerful (obviously) but it was also lighter! He then instructed me to pick up each one and see for myself and holy crap he wasn't lying! Needless to say it was well worth the <25% price increase and the thing is a dream to use, I can't reccomend the BR600 enough!

tigercat

Threads
I have the Little Wonder leaf blower. It has the Honda engine which is rated for 13 HP. My problem is my yard is not flat in the back and that 175 LB blower is a bear to push. So I made a hitch for my blower over the past few weeks. It trailers perfectly and I mounted it like this so my first pass will be with the blades engaged traveling on the fence line, pushing the leaves to my right. The blower will push them to the right as well but much further.

I think I'm ready for fall this year, and my legs will thank me for the time I invested making the hitch. It's adjustable just by the placement of the bar on the tractor. It's made to tow by the main wheels, while the front wheel is off the ground by an inch or two.

The best part is, it still can be used as a push type blower, simply by removing 4 pins. The main bracket will stay on the machine, while the tow bar will sit against the wall until needed again.

Here are my pictures.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Human ingenuity at its best.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Why did you pick the PB500T?

I would like to know the same thing. I had one and after I bought it I hated it and nobody in the crew wanted to run it because we had bigger blowers. I got rid go it and bought a big one.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I use Murayama,BL85 Backpack Blower for about everything . I purchased it for the warranty after having issues with a sthil blower.

577jersey

Threads
For me its the Husqvarna 125B hand held for everyday walk ways and drive ways,,that little blower is strong!!!
And for fall clean ups its the Redmax EBZ 8500..you can get a stronger blower than that.