synthetic oil

jimbo64

Threads
anyone running syn oil in there riding mowers and how does it work, any advantages----------

millers1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Deere dealer recomended 30 weight NON DETERGENT (not syn) for my LT155. It's got a Kohler engine. Syn just seems like overkill to me for a small engine. .02

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Definite heat advantage... air cooled engines tend to get hot, synthetic oil will tolerate overtemping with no damage to the oil. KennyV

CarlGlas

Threads
When I switched to synthetic in my then new 2002 Craftsman DGT 6000 with a 27 hp Kohler V-Twin, I noticed the engine would smoke a little at crank up and when a load was put on it. Not much, just a little blue smoke. When I changed back to conventional oil, the smoke went away. That was 300 hours ago and it's still running like new. I use a Purolator Gold filter and Mobil 1 HD 30.

indypower

Threads
I started using Synthetic oil at the first oil change. I have been using Synthetic oil in my truck since the first oil change. My 03 Dodge Ram is rated 17mpg highway. I can pull 22mpg highway using Synthectic. I can mow my lawn (2/3 acre) on less than a tank of gas with my Poulan 16.5/42 lawn tractor. And since this tractor is just a splash lube system, the Synthetic offers much better protection when mowing on a hill.

Stewby

Forum Newbie
Threads
I use Rotella T Synthetic T6 I started running it in my Kubota and what sold me is how clean it is when you change it. Less thermal breakdown for sure and in a air cooled engine it has to help...

jet62095

Threads
anyone running syn oil in there riding mowers and how does it work, any advantages----------

I am running Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 10w30 in my Cub Cadet LTX 1040, I am noticing a performance gain and a smoother idle. I'd go for it!

noma

Threads
Hi A briggs & stration recommended that you use 30 weight oil preferable there oil. That's what i use but i only have 108 hour on this engine so we will see how good the oil is later on.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have always used synthetic in air cooled engines... they need all the help they can get.
And I switched from Mobil1 last year to Rotella T Synthetic T6... Great stuff and I use it in all my engines With annual oil changes. ... KennyV

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have always used synthetic in air cooled engines... they need all the help they can get.
And I switched from Mobil1 last year to Rotella T Synthetic T6... Great stuff and I use it in all my engines With annual oil changes. ... KennyV

Annual oil changes??