What do you do right after mowing?

adan

Threads
I'd imagine myself drinking a whole liter of water right after mowing. I live in a tropical country, so it is easy to understand why I would want to rehydrate myself as quickly as I can.

But I wonder how it is in temperate areas.

AndyMan

Threads
After mowing I go back and do all the things I noticed while I was mowing. Branches that need trimming, String-trimming around trees, dead green bean plants to be pulled, a tear in the fence that needs mending.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd be looking for a more temperate place to live - :laughing: :biggrin: :thumbsup:
I'd imagine myself drinking a whole liter of water right after mowing. I live in a tropical country, so it is easy to understand why I would want to rehydrate myself as quickly as I can.
But I wonder how it is in temperate areas.
Even Virginia is too hot for me sometimes we had WAY too many days over 90 here this summer. 75 is about right or MAYBE 80 if it is super low humidity.

mois25

Threads
What would first come to mind would be the need to sit back with a can of water by my side and start rating and observing what I have done. There could be areas I did not particularly mow well so sitting back would reveal the gray areas.

lizard

Threads
Clean the mower down by washing it with a high pressure water blaster, then air dry it with the Blower till dry......then run machine and spray lubricant on reel blades.
:biggrin:

Twinkle

Threads
I am impressed by the industrious people here who clean the mower or get straight to the other garden jobs! I tend to take a seat and admire my skilled job. There is something about sitting on new mown grass that takes me back to childhood.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am impressed by the industrious people here who clean the mower or get straight to the other garden jobs! I tend to take a seat and admire my skilled job. There is something about sitting on new mown grass that takes me back to childhood.

When you have a huge lot with as many buildings as I do, and as many projects as I have, and as many pets and vehicles as I do, there is NEVER any time to relax after mowing.

"To keep up you have to work as fast as you can....to get ahead you have to work twice as fast....:biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Clean the mower down by washing it with a high pressure water blaster, then air dry it with the Blower till dry......then run machine and spray lubricant on reel blades.
:biggrin:

Lizard...I rarely use a power washer after mowing, takes too long to dry, and the water tends to make the grass clumps harder to remove. I just pull my tractor or push mowers outside the barn doorm use a high powered electric blower to remove the chaff, dust, and clippings before putting them inside.

grnspot110

Threads
Clean the mower (blower) & refuel for the next mowing! ~~ grnspot110

brucesdeere

Threads
Sit back, admire the job I have done and crack an ice cold beer. This is definitely what I do when I have finished mowing.