Attachments Honda HRX217HYA Deck Guard

baratta34

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey...I know these are standard on all Honda Commercial mowers, but wondering if anyone has put the stainless steel deck guard on their Honda residential mower (specifically the HRX series). THey are only $11-14, but I hate the fact you have to drill into the deck.

Thoughts? Anyone had experience good or bad?

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I have a weedeater 20 inch mower that was straight dis-charge put if u go to my albums and look at the weedeater mower I driller holes in it and mad it a mulching mower it has not weaken the deck and still as strong as it was I think there would be not be any problems doing it to a stronger Honda frame :thumbsup:

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
but I hate the fact you have to drill into the deck.

Installing these don't compromise the integrity of the deck or effect the warranty. These guards were extensively tested by Honda and have been available for the HRX for many years. The steel is a very good grade stainless and should last forever.

I've seen bone-stock HRX mowers used by commercial operators and the decks were fine, but the wheels were shredded, due to scrubbing along curbs and sidewalks. Here are a couple with 150+ hours:

Attachments

• shred_01.jpg
    shred_01.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 98
  • shred_02.jpg
    shred_02.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 91
Threads
Installing these don't compromise the integrity of the deck or effect the warranty. These guards were extensively tested by Honda and have been available for the HRX for many years. The steel is a very good grade stainless and should last forever.

I've seen bone-stock HRX mowers used by commercial operators and the decks were fine, but the wheels were shredded, due to scrubbing along curbs and sidewalks. Here are a couple with 150+ hours:

Since I push my mower to all of the houses, my tires are worn down on the part that touches the road and also the sides. They are really worn down....look at these pictures!
DSCN2090 - Copy.jpg DSCN3032.jpg DSCN3029.jpg

More on topic to the original question, I have been using mine commercially (the Honda HRX217HYA), and though the side of the deck has some scratches, it is very durable without the guards on it! :thumbsup:

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Honda forum. :smile:

Sonny44

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey...I know these are standard on all Honda Commercial mowers, but wondering if anyone has put the stainless steel deck guard on their Honda residential mower (specifically the HRX series). THey are only $11-14, but I hate the fact you have to drill into the deck.

Thoughts? Anyone had experience good or bad?

As long as drilling the holes do NOT void the warranty I don't have a problem adding the gaurd rail kit. It's added protection to the deeck. I'm checking with mfg. first however.

bwdbrn1

Threads
I've seen the deck guards attached to an HRX217, and have used a few HRM215s. I know that if I were to have one in my fleet that I were to use regularly, I'd put those guards on mine.

Not to take away from this thread, but the shredded tires are mentioned. I just did a tire change on a set of HRT216 wheels using HR214 tires. Here's how I did it.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/honda-forum/15907-changing-honda-tires.html