Push mowers are obsolete.

A

AmericanTurf

I know some of you will disagrea, but I think push mowers have been obsolete for years.
If my 32 inch walk behind is to big for a area to cut then i just use my trimmer. If I come across a new residential customer that wants it done by a push mower, I tell them to call someone else. I dont think its feesable or worth my time to PUSH a tiny mower back and forth ALL day long. I dont even own a push mower nor plan on ever buying one....obsolete I tell you. haha

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know some of you will disagrea, but I think push mowers have been obsolete for years.
If my 32 inch walk behind is to big for a area to cut then i just use my trimmer. If I come across a new residential customer that wants it done by a push mower, I tell them to call someone else. I dont think its feesable or worth my time to PUSH a tiny mower back and forth ALL day long. I dont even own a push mower nor plan on ever buying one....obsolete I tell you. haha

I only use push mowers on my residential yards.
And a few I use a toro real mower on.
The cut is much better than a big mower.
All my home owners want a checker board pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Parkmower

Threads
What would you use on an incline to steep for a rider? Not your 4 cyl 32". You have to wrestle that thing around on some of the inclines I mow. And you run risk of destroying yr 4 cyl engine.
2cyl push mowers are the shiznit.

A

AmericanTurf

Thanks carscw. I have to disagree that a push mower cuts better than a walk behind with a 13 hoarse power engine. A 32 inch is not a HUGE mower.
Do you charge extra for checker pattern cuts? Saying it takes twice as long. You can do stripes with a walk behind to.

A

AmericanTurf

Park mower. You must be a rookie. Haha!! Nothing and I mean nothing cuts a steep incline better than a walk behind. I got a walk behind for two reasons. Residential lawns that are small and for hills that my grasshopper can't get on.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks carscw. I have to disagree that a push mower cuts better than a walk behind with a 13 hoarse power engine. A 32 inch is not a HUGE mower.
Do you charge extra for checker pattern cuts? Saying it takes twice as long. You can do stripes with a walk behind to.

All my yards get a checker pattern. Yes you can do stripes with a walk behind but looks like crap.
Nothing gives a better cut than a snapper push mower.
All my yards are kept under 2 inches and never look like they need to be cut so a push mower is what works for me.
Now if I was doing yards with fescue or other weeds I would use a big mower

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Parkmower

Threads
AmericanTurf said:
Park mower. You must be a rookie. Haha!! Nothing and I mean nothing cuts a steep incline better than a walk behind. I got a walk behind for two reasons. Residential lawns that are small and for hills that my grasshopper can't get on.

Over 15 years mowing commercially.
You have your mind set. Your right no one can tell you otherwise.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I keep a small push mower on the trailer and many times will use it to trim places that my Zero Turn won't get into. It is faster than taking a trimmer and cutting it. I would not use it to cut a whole yard but there are times when there is a place like between a building and a fence or something like that where it is a major time saver. For me anyway.

A

AmericanTurf

yeah i know. i just hate push mowers. haha! in most cases its faster for me to whip out a small area with a trimmer, than walk back to the truck, start the thing up, walk back to location to cut, then walk back to the truck again. by all that time i could just have just trimmed it out. push mowers are just my opinion. I understand why others would rather use them.

Threads
I use push mowers (well, self-propelled "push" mowers)....partly because I don't feel like spending tons of money on a larger mower when they work fine for me, but also because I like their maneuverability. And I'm not going to argue if their cut is better than a larger walk-behind or ZTR, but my 21 in. mowers have a nice cut.