Pump Modifications

Da'Squirrel

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am putting new pumps and motors in my 52" 25hp Husqvarna zero turn mower , this is the set up where the pumps mount horizonially and drive off the front of the engine , the new and old pumps I have are Parkers , everything lines up but there is one difference , the linkage hook up on the old one is a short shaft coming out the pump , that is flat on two sides and has a hole drill into for the set screw of the linkage arm to set in , the new pump has a self center arm mechanism , squared shaft for the first inch out the pump then threaded on the end , and the linkage rod doesn't line up ----------- looks like other brands like Graveley has a plate to mount to the self center device -----------I took one of the self center things off and the original linkage arm fits and lines up on a flat of the new pumps shaft , I could tighten the set screw and still put a nut on the end of the shaft , but wonder if I should try and modifiy the self center arms into the controll linkages ------------------has anyone done this mod before