anti vibration gloves?

touree

Threads
You can either wear sap gloves or weight the handle of a vibrating tool ... either will work.

If you use weighted gloves you have to support the extra wt all the time... if you add to the handles you will not have to carry it...
Padding works ok also...

Some vibration is actually good for your skeletal structure .... too much though is not so good...
:smile:KennyV

I kinda agree with you that some vibration is good for the skeletal structure but then to what extent would one deem vibration to be healthy? Perhaps until it starts making you uncomfortable?

CQ_DX

Threads
No ... this is a band-aid to the root problem which is the inherent vibration itself. If this is a mower, you need to address the balance of your blades. Blades MUST be properly CLEANED, SHARPENED, and ACCURATELY BALANCED using a precision balancer - i.e. (GOOD GRIEF!) not a nail !!!!

macky

Threads
I have this impression that vibration is an issue with diesel engines. Do gas-powered engines vibrate a lot too? I so, it has got to be a mechanical issue, indeed.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Single cylinders will generally vibrate more than multi cylinders, the more cylinders usually provide the smoothest engine...
With any type engine, internal as well as external balancing goes a long way to smooth them up...

The majority of the objectionable vibration usually does come from the engine... an electric motor is pretty smooth :smile:KennyV

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had a flash as to why string trimmers (aka "Weedeaters") vibrate so much. The plastic string is in two pieces, one on each side of the head. Since little bits of the plastic are constantly getting clipped off, the two sides are rarely, if ever, the same length. So one side will usually be heavier than the other.

Regarding one type of engine vs another, two-stroke motors spin faster and fire on every revolution, so they tend to run smoother. My Lawn Boy mower is a very smooth-running machine.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Regarding one type of engine vs another, two-stroke motors spin faster and fire on every revolution, so they tend to run smoother. My Lawn Boy mower is a very smooth-running machine.

2 stroke engines are always MUCH smoother than 4 stroke...
Ever been around 2 cycle diesel engines, very smooth...and a LOT more power than 4 stroke...

grnspot110

Threads
No ... this is a band-aid to the root problem which is the inherent vibration itself. If this is a mower, you need to address the balance of your blades. Blades MUST be properly CLEANED, SHARPENED, and ACCURATELY BALANCED using a precision balancer - i.e. (GOOD GRIEF!) not a nail !!!!

Not necessarily! Try some of the ZTR mowers, any I've run put more vibration through the handlebars than other mowers. There's a reason they pad the handlebars! ~~ grnspot110

Manny

Threads
I have never heard of these? I don't understand how gloves can help the vibration. What are they made out of?

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ever been around 2 cycle diesel engines, very smooth...and a LOT more power than 4 stroke...

No, I've never seen one but I understand, in principal, how it would work.

I'm on my first diesel, a Kubota tractor, and really love it. My next truck will probably be diesel.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have never heard of these? I don't understand how gloves can help the vibration. What are they made out of?

They have powdered lead or lead shot in them... the increased weight/mass dampens vibration...