Eager beaver chansaw

metz12

Threads
Have any of you guys used/had/worked on a mcculluch eager beaver chainsaw? my grandfathers just quit on him the other day and he asked me to work on it. i was just looking for any tips you guys have on the thing. it doesnt seem like a popular saw. plus the thing is really small.

Parkmower

Threads
Pretty sure eager beavers came in many sizes. Guy I work with had a big old one he used for years logging his winter supply.

If it's old start with the basics. Fuel lines, filter. Plug, spark, air filter. Then into the carb.
Most common thing I see on anything old is bad fuel lines inside or outside the tank.
Btw if you do do the fuel Lines do the bar oil lines too. They're usually in similar condition.

metz12

Threads
Pretty sure eager beavers came in many sizes. Guy I work with had a big old one he used for years logging his winter supply.

If it's old start with the basics. Fuel lines, filter. Plug, spark, air filter. Then into the carb.
Most common thing I see on anything old is bad fuel lines inside or outside the tank.
Btw if you do do the fuel Lines do the bar oil lines too. They're usually in similar condition.

Thanks, i just talked to my grandfather today and he said that he was using it and it basically just quit on him. so i dont think its the fuel lines but i'll check them anyways. thanks for the tips.

metz12

Threads
All i did to it was take it apart and blew it out with a compressor and it started up in about 3-4 pulls. bu this thing is tiny! my little homelite super 2 that i use for limbs/kindling i thought was small but this thing is REALLY tiny! especially since my grandafter isnt exactly small, hes got to be 6'2" and his hands are huge! it does have alot of power despite its size though, his birthday is coming soon so i think ill buy him a new saw, like a 14" poulan (33cc's).

Threads
All i did to it was take it apart and blew it out with a compressor and it started up in about 3-4 pulls. bu this thing is tiny! my little homelite super 2 that i use for limbs/kindling i thought was small but this thing is REALLY tiny! especially since my grandafter isnt exactly small, hes got to be 6'2" and his hands are huge! it does have alot of power despite its size though, his birthday is coming soon so i think ill buy him a new saw, like a 14" poulan (33cc's).

I'm glad you got it working! :thumbsup: Maybe you could take a picture of it next to another saw because I would like to see how small it is! :tongue:

metz12

Threads
I'm glad you got it working! :thumbsup: Maybe you could take a picture of it next to another saw because I would like to see how small it is! :tongue:

Ya, i will tomorrow, since its like 8:00 and 20degrees outside!! :laughing: but the thing packs a punch, it would be cool if someone were to mount it on a bike and make it motorized! since its so small and it is 33cc's

heres some specs on it:Model Profile: EAGER BEAVER

metz12

Threads
Ya, i will tomorrow, since its like 8:00 and 20degrees outside!! :laughing: but the thing packs a punch, it would be cool if someone were to mount it on a bike and make it motorized! since its so small and it is 33cc's

and its snowing too!!!! do glad i got my plow on my mower!!

Threads

Yeah I know, it was like 28-32 degrees here all day with a wind chill of 16!! Then it got a little warmer and the snow changed to freezing rain. The winds are howling now! :eek:

and its snowing too!!!! do glad i got my plow on my mower!!
How much snow are you going to get? We got 1.5-2 inches today, and I shoveled a customer's driveway (plus our own). I used my snowblower on my driveway, it works great! The bottom "plow" part that was bent has straightened out! :thumbsup:

metz12

Threads
Yeah I know, it was like 28-32 degrees here all day with a wind chill of 16!! Then it got a little warmer and the snow changed to freezing rain. The winds are howling now! :eek:

How much snow are you going to get? We got 1.5-2 inches today, and I shoveled a customer's driveway (plus our own). I used my snowblower on my driveway, it works great! The bottom "plow" part that was bent has straightened out! :thumbsup:

we have about 2inches right now, It is supposed to stop in an hour or so and were probably going to get about another inch.