Think I'm done mowing for the year!!

okiepc

Threads
Just came in from mowing and raking leaves, I have no trees but the neighbors have huge cottonwood trees and they finally decided to drop their leaves so now was the time to mulch them to little tiny pieces. It only took about an hour then 10 minuets to blow all the dust off the mower & blow the air filter clean. It will make a difference come spring to have done this now & it was good to be outdoors for a while & get away from all these computers. :thumbsup::laughing:

Threads
Yeah, I mowed my last customer's lawn yesterday...mostly to mulch up the leaves. Notice I said MULCH and not BAG because the leaf truck isn't coming anymore so I can't bag the leaves and put them in the road. :frown: But I finished and now I have no mowings until April or leaf clean-ups until October. Ugghh! A whole year! :laughing:
Now I am ready for some serious snow. Bring it on! :drool:

I would like to say I "put my mower away for good" but I really just put it away for a week because I take everything out every 7 days and run it. Not looking foreward to doing that on the freezing days of winter, but it is better than having mower problems in the spring!!

metz12

Threads
Yeah, I mowed my last customer's lawn yesterday...mostly to mulch up the leaves. Notice I said MULCH and not BAG because the leaf truck isn't coming anymore so I can't bag the leaves and put them in the road. :frown: But I finished and now I have no mowings until April or leaf clean-ups until October. Ugghh! A whole year! :laughing:
Now I am ready for some serious snow. Bring it on! :drool:

Your the lucky one with a snow blower!! I still cant get my plow to get on my craftsman!! I'm going to get a buddy of mine that is a certified welder to make me a bracket. HOPEFULLY before any serious snow happens!

Threads
Your the lucky one with a snow blower!! I still cant get my plow to get on my craftsman!! I'm going to get a buddy of mine that is a certified welder to make me a bracket. HOPEFULLY before any serious snow happens!

Yeah, you better get crackin' because you are pretty far north.....it could snow any day! :eek:
Good luck...I hope you figure something out! :smile:

But I am still having some small problems with my snowblower with the bowing of the metal scraper part (see this thread: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/snow-removal/12788-bowed-front.html). With how it's bowed I can't get the blower as low as I want it to the ground. Hopefully what I'm doing now will straighten it out so I can lower it more so there is no snow that goes under it.
Also, see this pic: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/attachments/snow-removal/9673d1352649278-bowed-front-dscn2219-jpg.

okiepc

Threads
It was 67 degrees today so I don't have to worry about snow, as a matter of fact the last couple springs I started mowing and cleaning up the end of February, so I really don't have that long to wait. I was raised in Pennsylvania, south of Bradford, when I was young & I remember the winters well, here, they can be terrible or mild like the last two. :laughing:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
All my yards just got there last weekly maintenance will be biweekly till march 1st.
I have about 400 crepe myrtles that I have to prune before the end of February.
All my yards where over seeded with rye two months ago witch will die off in march when the zoysia starts turning green at that time I will scalp them down to a half inch

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

D2hornets58

Threads

Hurry up with that plow!...Are they saying it might snow around you sunday-wednesday?

D2hornets58

Threads
Yeah, you better get crackin' because you are pretty far north.....it could snow any day! :eek:
Good luck...I hope you figure something out! :smile:

But I am still having some small problems with my snowblower with the bowing of the metal scraper part (see this thread: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/snow-removal/12788-bowed-front.html). With how it's bowed I can't get the blower as low as I want it to the ground. Hopefully what I'm doing now will straighten it out so I can lower it more so there is no snow that goes under it.
Also, see this pic: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/attachments/snow-removal/9673d1352649278-bowed-front-dscn2219-jpg.

Have you tried adjusting the shoes?

Threads
Have you tried adjusting the shoes?

Yes I have. I haven't looked at it in a couple weeks, though, so maybe what I am doing will help. I wrapped a towel up and put it under the scraper part so a lot of the weight is on that....hopefully it will bend it a bit!

D2hornets58

Threads
Yes I have. I haven't looked at it in a couple weeks, though, so maybe what I am doing will help. I wrapped a towel up and put it under the scraper part so a lot of the weight is on that....hopefully it will bend it a bit!

Ya that might work.