what size landscape trailer

boston

Threads
I'm buying a landscape trailer in a few months and was wondering what size to get. I was thinking 6x12 would be perfect or 6x14 if I find one at a good price. It will be an open trailer. I wanted to get a longer one because i would have more space for future equipment and leaves to haul.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm buying a landscape trailer in a few months and was wondering what size to get. I was thinking 6x12 would be perfect or 6x14 if I find one at a good price. It will be an open trailer. I wanted to get a longer one because i would have more space for future equipment and leaves to haul.

Depending on the future equipment a 6x12 is nice if you're hauling a couple of small mowers. I haul a 48" ZTR and my Grandstand two push mowers and all the hand held equipment on mine. If you can afford to buy the 6x14 it would be easier to use. My 6x12 is tight for room.

boston

Threads
I was thinking of buying a used one on Craigslist. What other things should I know before buying one?

A

AmericanTurf

Personally I would go with a 7x14 enclosed. Having a enclosed protects from weather, thieves, and the best part is you can take a piss on the job site without anybody seeing. I used to hate having to waste time stopping at gas stations to use the restroom.

Threads
Personally I would go with a 7x14 enclosed. Having a enclosed protects from weather, thieves, and the best part is you can take a piss on the job site without anybody seeing. I used to hate having to waste time stopping at gas stations to use the restroom.

Yeah, you have some good reasons for an enclosed trailer. But there are also a lot of good reasons for an open trailer. Here is a list I came up with:

:thumbsup:POSITIVES FOR AN OPEN TRAILER:
  • Easy access to your equipment
  • You can show potential customers the equipment you have.

:thumbdown:NEGATIVES FOR AN OPEN TRAILER:
  • NOT protected from the weather
  • Easy to break into

:thumbsup:POSITIVES FOR AN ENCLOSED TRAILER:
  • Protected from the weather
  • Thief-proof (for the most part)
  • More advertising space on the outside
  • More inside wall space for blowers, trimmers, etc.

:thumbdown:NEGATIVES FOR AN ENCLOSED TRAILER:
  • NOT as easy to access your equipment

Last edited:

Kimpa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah, you have some good reasons for an enclosed trailer. But there are also a lot of good reasons for an open trailer. Here is a list I came up with:

:thumbsup:pOSITIVES FOR AN OPEN TRAILER:

[*]Easy access to your equipment
[*]You can show potential customers the equipment you have.

:thumbdown:NEGATIVES FOR AN OPEN TRAILER:

[*]NOT protected from the weather
[*]Easy to break into

:thumbsup:pOSITIVES FOR AN ENCLOSED TRAILER:

[*]Protected from the weather
[*]Thief-proof (for the most part)
[*]More advertising space on the outside
[*]More inside wall space for blowers, trimmers, etc.

:thumbdown:NEGATIVES FOR AN ENCLOSED TRAILER:

[*]NOT as easy to access your equipment

I find that customers don't care and don't know about equipment. They only care if their lawns get serviced on time and the quality of the cut.

A

AmericanTurf

My enclosed has a side door making it easy to grab my blower and trimmer. Also I made a work bench in the front where I have my tool box and bench grinder for blade sharpening. I mounted a first aid kit and fire extinguisher. I have a rubber made tub where I throw extra blades and store other small items. Enclosed cost a little more but in my opinion is worth every dollar. Plus I can throw a four wheeler in it and go camping up north with it. Haha. I had to register mine and got the bigger weight restriction plates on mine. Paid $5300 for mine brand new 2012. The trailor brakes are awesome to. You can also choose what color you want so the trailor will match your truck.

boston

Threads
I took a look at an open 5x12 trailer with raised sides and it was junk. The metal was rusting the gate was broken and the wood was rotting!! The guy wanted 900 for it. I'm now looking for at least a 6x12 but everything on Craigslist seems like its junk.