Checking in

substratum

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi folks,

I live in North Florida and looking to replace a lawn mower. I have 3.5 acres, but only need to mow about 1.25 acres of that (the yard vs. pasture). Over the years I've worn out a couple of Craftsman garden tractors, most recently a GT5000 that worked pretty well for 6-7 years (mowing all of it). Been mowing just the yard with a Toro 190cc self-propelled, and it held up for about three years... still starts like a champ but the deck is coming apart and the drive is shot.

I am looking to replace the self-propelled mower - considering the John Deere JS38.

Paul

Threads
Hi folks,

I live in North Florida and looking to replace a lawn mower. I have 3.5 acres, but only need to mow about 1.25 acres of that (the yard vs. pasture). Over the years I've worn out a couple of Craftsman garden tractors, most recently a GT5000 that worked pretty well for 6-7 years (mowing all of it). Been mowing just the yard with a Toro 190cc self-propelled, and it held up for about three years... still starts like a champ but the deck is coming apart and the drive is shot.

I am looking to replace the self-propelled mower - considering the John Deere JS38.

Paul

WELCOME TO LMF! :smile:
The JD would probably be OK, but I would recommend the Honda HRX217HYA. In my opinion it is the best mower! It is super durable, has a powerful engine, and blade-brake clutch (AWESOME FEATURE!), just to name a few things! It also has the Clip Director so you can switch from mulching to bagging with the move of a knob...no mulch plug! Here is the Honda website, and attached is a picture of my Honda HRX217HYA.
Honda Website: Honda Lawn Mowers: HRX217HYA, HRX217K3HYA
My Honda HRX (the one on the left): http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/membe...ums-my-equipment-picture7719-my-2-hondas.html

:welcome:

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello substratum,

Welcome to LawnMowerForum!:smile:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Welcome to LMF! :cool:

From my knowledge of John Deeres, you can't go wrong with one. So long as it is designed for the use you will give it, of course.

okiepc

Threads
:welcome: I have a John Deere JS45 that I think is great, 4th or 5th year I have used it without one problem. :thumbsup: