bypass a seat switch

countrybumpkin

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry friends but I didn't think. I don't work on anything except my own equipment. I will heed your advice thought.
Thanks

hrdman2luv

Threads
I understand, it's just that when I see people who are in business post about jumping, I want to remind them about what could happen. I have gotten so paranoid on this that I never even tell posters how to do it. Had a friend who worked on the side tell someone and ended up getting sued. I know this is a help site, but sometimes we have to protect ourselves by not helping. Individuals here (non business people) must realize that they are not invisible and watch what they post. I call it CYA. Sorry if I offended you.

Can someone actually sue you fore bad advice on an internet forum?

hrdman2luv

Threads
Can someone actually sue you fore bad advice on an internet forum?

No. It's just the mind set of those in business to worry about being sued. I suppose someone could try to. But they'd never be successful.

My safety switch is bad. And it's saturday afternoon, I gotta mow this weekend.
How do you by pass a bad seat safety switch? This is the four in a row type seat switch, on a GT5000.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No. It's just the mind set of those in business to worry about being sued. I suppose someone could try to. But they'd never be successful.

My safety switch is bad. And it's saturday afternoon, I gotta mow this weekend.
How do you by pass a bad seat safety switch? This is the four in a row type seat switch, on a GT5000.

You don't you replace it.
I am yet to find any one who dies because their grass was a week late being mowed
I am yet to find any one who got seriously injured because their grass was a week late being mowed
I have come across hundreds of people who have been injured because the seat switch had been bypassed.
It is only bloody grass, get over it.
Every mower that come into my shop with a bypassed seat switch leaves with it hooked back up and 15 minutes of charged for time to diagnose the safety switch problem.
Just about every dealer will do the same amd some of the big brand dealers will replace the switch not just reconnect it.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
If its a 2 wire seat switch (most are) cut both wires and connect them together to complete the circuit. Why Bert didn't tell you this I DNK. Some people are just to busy being jerks sometimes.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
You can use paper clips shielded wires or other methods. Go to you tube video there as well.

hrdman2luv

Threads
You can use paper clips shielded wires or other methods. Go to you tube video there as well.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I just happened to have the right size wire connectors that slipped right in. Taped them up good, and now all is well. I can't stand safety switches. The seat I had to put on this mower, was different than the original. The cut out for the safety switch is different. So, I can't even replace it because it wouldn't fit anyhow. Unless I got another seat for it. LOL.. That's way too much trouble.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
depends on how the switch is wired into the chassis. Some switches all you have to do is disconnect the wires and others you connect them together. Don't know what all the safety fuss is all about seeing its your mower and you know what you want. I will disconnect any switch the customers wants disconnected in my shop. My own personally mowers I have them disconnected.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
depends on how the switch is wired into the chassis. Some switches all you have to do is disconnect the wires and others you connect them together. Don't know what all the safety fuss is all about seeing its your mower and you know what you want. I will disconnect any switch the customers wants disconnected in my shop. My own personally mowers I have them disconnected.

Just someone trying to be a prick I guess. I'll show anyone how to bypass safety switches on anything. My new mowers and old alike are bypassed.