New Models From Honda (2013 Hondas)

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Honda Introduces Redesigned HRX and HRR Lawn Mowers at GIE+EXPO 2012

Improvements enhance performance and ease-of-Use

OCT. 24 - Honda Power Equipment today introduced its redesigned HRX and HRR premium residential lawn mowers at the 2012 GIE+EXPO trade show. Receiving several key feature updates, both the HRX and HRR Series have been redeveloped to include technological enhancements that improve ease-of-use and performance for homeowners and landscapers.

For the 2013 lawn and garden season, the Honda HRX Series has been expanded to offer a broader range of design choices for consumers. A new HRX Series model has been added to the lineup- the HRX217VLA. This self-propelled, Variable Speed Smart DriveTM Nexiteョ deck lawn mower is a self-charging, electric start model equipped with a small Cyclon sealed lead-acid battery for easy and dependable starting. The battery is mounted on the lawnmower's handlebar and integrated with a convenient automotive-style key switch.

All HRX mowers include Honda's unique Versamow SystemTM with Clip Directorョ that easily enables simultaneous distribution of clippings to both the bag and the ground. The Honda Versamow SysteTM is designed to be a complete four-in-one mowing system delivering the ultimate in flexibility. A Clip Directorョ lever located behind the engine cowling operates a sliding door between the lawnmower deck and the grass bag allowing the operator to easily:

Rear discharge;
Mulch 100 percent of clippings;
Bag 100 percent of clippings;
Simultaneously mulch and bag or rear discharge in varying degrees through 10 separate settings.

The system also offers a setting for leaf shredding where leaves are re-circulated until they are small enough to pass into the bag. All this can take place without tools or attachments required on most conventional lawn mowers.

HRX models are powered by the four-stroke, single-cylinder GCV190 OHC engine. In HRX electric start models, electricity is fed to a small starter motor incorporated in the GCV190 engine.

The HRR Series lawnmower line is designed to deliver exceptionally easy operation, high performance and superior fuel efficiency. The versatile Honda HRR Series consists of four different models, each containing a number of standard features and benefits, including:

An easy-starting four-stroke, single cylinder GCV160 OHC engine designed to reduce weight and increase lawnmower maneuverability;
The world's first internal timing belt on a lawnmower with reserve power for the most demanding mowing conditions;

The exclusive offset twin-blade MicroCut Systemョ that results in finer clippings that pack the bag more efficiently;

The Honda HRR 21" heavy-duty steel mowing deck;

An easy on/easy off grass bag (2.4 bushel capacity) for low-effort emptying;

An EZ Fold, adjustable two-position handle incorporating easily accessible controls, designed to maximize safety, comfort and convenience;

For 2013, Honda introduces a significant design upgrade for all HRR models: the inclusion of the 3-in-1 Clip Directorョ. With just one touch, the operator can quickly switch from mulching to bagging, eliminating the need for a mulch plug or costly attachments. The HRR lineup incorporates a newly designed, lighter weight GCV160 engine for increased maneuverability; the new GCV160 model also has a redesigned fan cover for improved cooling. In addition, an improved scroll and ramp design allows for improved mulching performance by optimizing recycling of fine clippings.

Honda also introduces a new model to the HRR Series of lawn mowers--the HRR216VLA, a self-propelled, Variable Speed Smart Drive lawn mower with electric start capability for easy and convenient starting. The company's newest HRR model also is equipped with the 3-in-1 Clip Directorョ, MicroCutョ twin blades, and the new scroll and ramp design.

At the heart of every Honda lawnmower is a world-renowned, easy-starting engine that delivers smooth, quiet, reliable four-stroke power and low emission levels.

All HRX and HRR lawn mower models are available nationally through Honda Power Equipment dealers.

Attachments

• hza.jpg
    hza.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 65
  • vla.jpg
    vla.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 58

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks robert@honda.... it's always good to see new improved mowers... :smile:KennyV

Threads
NEW HONDAS!! YES!!! :laughing: THANKS FOR THE UPDATES, THEY ARE GREAT!!!!! I think it is a good idea that the HRR series now has the Clip Director!! And I'm glad they changed the color of the bag on the HRR's. The grey on mine gets all dirty and looks weird....black is nice! :laughing:

When will they be on the Honda website??

slammed

Threads
Nice mowers can't wait to see um.

stygz

Threads
"improved scroll and ramp design allows for improved mulching performance by optimizing recycling of fine clippings."

What is this? Upgraded blades? I have to say I was not interested in the HRR line but checked them out over a month ago at HD and was really impressed. Is there expected to be a power increase with the updated engine? I would like to see a pic of how Honda incorporated the clip director in the HRR.

Threads
"improved scroll and ramp design allows for improved mulching performance by optimizing recycling of fine clippings."

What is this? Upgraded blades? I have to say I was not interested in the HRR line but checked them out over a month ago at HD and was really impressed. Is there expected to be a power increase with the updated engine? I would like to see a pic of how Honda incorporated the clip director in the HRR.

Yeah, I would like to see that, also (a picture of the Clip Director). It would be nice if the HRR had the GCV190 engine like the HRX models. Robert@Honda: can you share a picture of the Clip Director on the HRR's??

Last edited:

stygz

Threads
The past two days i have been bagging for my fall clean up. Having to restart my mower every time I empty the bag is a pain. So I have planted the thought of buying a mower in the spring that a blade stop. I think it is going to be a new HRR. I wonder when HD will see them arrive?

Robert....please post some pics of the changes when you get a chance. WIll you be able to mix mulching with rear discharge like the HRX series?

Threads
The past two days i have been bagging for my fall clean up. Having to restart my mower every time I empty the bag is a pain. So I have planted the thought of buying a mower in the spring that a blade stop. I think it is going to be a new HRR. I wonder when HD will see them arrive?

Robert....please post some pics of the changes when you get a chance. WIll you be able to mix mulching with rear discharge like the HRX series?

Yes, if it has the same Clip Director, you would be able to do full mulch, full bag/rear discharge, or any combo in between. For example, it says in the manual and in videos that if you want to shread leaves you just have to set the knob to 1 setting to the left of full mulch, and it will circulate the leaves (and cut them up smaller and smaller) until they can get through the opening into the bag. Personally I just put it on full bag and do it, though. I love the blade stop on my mower! It is good, like you said, when you are bagging leaves, because when you don't have to keep on restarting it, so it saves gas AND your arm! Also if you want to grab a drink of water or pick up a stick off the ground....it is one of my favorite features on my HRX! :thumbsup:

stygz

Threads
I guess I was wondering if you can do the combo thing because in the press release it says 3 way director not 4 way like the HRX. My Lawn Boy platinum (toro super bagger) starts in one pull but when I bag my front lawn I fill 15-20 Home Depot yard waste bags thats alot of starting! Luckally I only do that once in the spring and once in the fall. I have really thick hybrid Bermuda grass. I really like the idle down feature too on the Hondas. Not sure if Toro offers that on the blade stop models.

stygz

Threads
Funny my Lawn Boy says made in Mexico and Honda is made in the USA