Buying Advice Ride On Security

Foster7712

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi New boy here. I never thought I would find a discussion group for my lawn mower. Fantastic!! So, I知 after a bit of advice. I have had my Kommand 80 Ride-On for a few months, during which time I have just been leaving it in the old wooden garage around the back of teh house. However, recently there seems to have been a few similar ones stolen in the local area. Have you more experience owners got any security tips?? I have come across (again amazing these things are out there) a few companies that sells ride on mower stores made from metal, with vents to let stop condensation etc. Has anyone here got one??? Are they worth it??

Thanks all

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 8

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to the forum...
Mowers, even riders are lite enough that 2 or 3 guys can pick them up fairly easy, if they had to... so having them enclosed in something would be a plus...

Theft is every where, but here in the states we still believe in firearms, and the reality is that someone is always willing to take a chance of getting shot... so I am not sure what more deterrent could make it less likely... :smile:KennyV

noma

Threads
HI Foster 7712

Welcome aboard hope you enjoy your stay here it a lot of fun and there is a lot of knowledge here to later

Manny

Threads
If it is possible for you to chain it up, I would suggest you do that. You can never be too safe! We have had a few stolen in my area, also, and I keep mine chained.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi New boy here. I never thought I would find a discussion group for my lawn mower. Fantastic!! So, I知 after a bit of advice. I have had my Kommand 80 Ride-On for a few months, during which time I have just been leaving it in the old wooden garage around the back of teh house. However, recently there seems to have been a few similar ones stolen in the local area. Have you more experience owners got any security tips?? I have come across (again amazing these things are out there) a few companies that sells ride on mower stores made from metal, with vents to let stop condensation etc. Has anyone here got one??? Are they worth it??

Thanks all

Actually if someone wants to steal your mower there isn't a lot you can do to prevent it, about the only thing you can do is get some Homeowners Insurance so at lest you can have the thing replaced. If I were going to use chains I'd use two and have Pit Bulls tied to the other ends :smile:

briggs

Threads
welcome aboard hope you enjoy it ..As for theft thing its all over i had 2 push mowers stolen this year ..Best thing to do is chain them up if you can ..I also installed 2 big motion lights it helped out a lot

Attachments

• IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 2

Foster7712

Forum Newbie
Threads
welcome aboard hope you enjoy it ..As for theft thing its all over i had 2 push mowers stolen this year ..Best thing to do is chain them up if you can ..I also installed 2 big motion lights it helped out a lot

Hi guys, thanks for the responses - Chains are top of my list - Oxford (I'm in the UK) do some Motorcycle chains that are insurance approved - but as one of you guys said - could really do with being locked up and away. I have seen a couple of dedicated mower stores which I'm off to look at this weekend - not cheap - but maybe just the thing - I will post some info on Sunday when I have seen a few - maybe even bought one :smile:

Foster7712

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello! As promised heres what I found out ....

Dedicated ride on mower security ... is expensive!! -

No that's not all ...:laughing:

I checked out a few local DIY places and looked at corrigated sheds, typically around the 」400 mark. Not brilliant. More of a shelter than a secure unit.

Shipping crates. Suggested by a mate, These are very secure 」100 on ebay to buy about 10 times that to move though and not very pretty to sit in my nice new garden.

Local builder will do me a dedicated garage for a few grand.

Plastic sheet with a chain or two .. the cheapest option and probably the best by far. (」100) .. favorite at the moment.

I'm off to check out some ATV and motorbike storage garages units tmw. A company over in Bradford (not too far from where i am this week) make them, so I'll post any useful info from them later this week. :thumbsup:

Foster7712

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok - I eventually got to see one of these lawnmower sheds as follows

Total nightmare Asgard Metal Sheds is an online only company they are a manufacturer open 5 days a week, so when I turned up on Sat I found it all locked up!! Glimpsing through the gates to see the sheds!!

Back on the Monday though and had a good look around the factory and the sheds. The girl took me around all the stuff they make and all the sheds they do, it was nice to see a British manufacturer actually still in Business!

I ended up buying one there and then! Best thing I have ever seen (not that I知 a shed expert!). I won稚 plug the company too much! But compared to the pap you get from Wickes and B + Q these are amazing. Galvanised, vented condensation proof design, 5 point locking system and a fully integral metal floor/base. Definitely worth a look. I will post a pic when mine arrives (I have to wait for the builder to put a concrete base down to stick it on 1st)

Not a cheap shed though!
:rolleyes:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ok - I eventually got to see one of these lawnmower sheds as follows

Total nightmare Asgard Metal Sheds is an online only company they are a manufacturer open 5 days a week, so when I turned up on Sat I found it all locked up!! Glimpsing through the gates to see the sheds!!

Back on the Monday though and had a good look around the factory and the sheds. The girl took me around all the stuff they make and all the sheds they do, it was nice to see a British manufacturer actually still in Business!

I ended up buying one there and then! Best thing I have ever seen (not that I知 a shed expert!). I won稚 plug the company too much! But compared to the pap you get from Wickes and B + Q these are amazing. Galvanised, vented condensation proof design, 5 point locking system and a fully integral metal floor/base. Definitely worth a look. I will post a pic when mine arrives (I have to wait for the builder to put a concrete base down to stick it on 1st)

Not a cheap shed though!
:rolleyes:

Well done, old chap!