2013 Hondas

PGMike

Forum Newbie
Threads
My local South Florida Honda dealer said that there may be changes coming to the HRX mowers for 2013. Does anyone have any insight into what those changes are? I've been looking hard at a HRX217HYA and am now wondering if I need to run out and grab one before they disappear...I wanted to wait until spring to buy a mower but would hate to find out that they replaced the HYA with a revised model that "costs less to produce." Any thoughts would be great. FYI - a very close choice number two choice is a Snapper RP21875. The local dealers that sell both Honda and Snapper all seem to recommend a Snapper over the Honda because of repairs and cost of repairs. Ironically, however, some also indicated that Snapper was having quality control issues with drive components on Snapper units produced at the old MTD facility acquired by Snapper. They recommended waiting on purchasing a Snapper until those issues were resolved. Anybody else hear about this? Thanks for your thoughts.

Threads
About the Honda HRX's, I don't know what the changes will be. But if I were you I would go buy one before they are all gone. The changes could be good or bad. Also, it might be cheaper getting one now because they are trying to get rid of them to make room for the new ones. You won't be disappointed with the HRX217HYA! I love mine!

Threads
Does anyone else know if the changes will be big and what they will be with the 2013 Honda HRX's??

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If anyone would know, it would be Robert@Honda who is a member on this forum. It would be easy to send him a PM and ask him your questions.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
lawn mower fanatic said:
Do you know if the changes will be big and what they will be with the 2013 Honda HRX's??

You have excellent timing. Wednesday afternoon of this week, Honda will be presenting an update on new products to select members of the press/media at the Green Industry and Equipment Expo meeting in Louisville, KY.

As you may know, the OPEI/GIE is a the largest lawn & garden and green industry trade show in the USA, and their annual show starts this week; check out the details here, and look for an formal reporting and announcements at these publications after that:

Grounds Maintenance
Power Equipment Trade
Consumer Reports Lawn & Garden News
Outdoor Power Equipment Industry
Lawn and Landscape
Popular Mechanics Blog

-Robert@Honda

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.