Snow Plow on ZTR mower?

gfp55

Threads
Is anyone else putting their ZTR mower to use in the winter too?
I have one on my Bad Boy Compact Diesel.
Works perfect. No weight added or chains either.
Its been some time now since you started you thread. Are you still happy with the plow on your ZTR? Have you had any problems with your unit? Tell us more now the time has past. Thanks

jay stortini

Threads
Ya I am thinking about putting a plow blade on my ZT this winter to do my residential property's.

Notchy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bringing back up an old thread.
I am purchasing a Toro TimeCutter SS4225
or TimeCutter SS4250 and want to buy an aftermarket snow blade for it.
Does anyone have input on if this can handle pushing snow? Live close to Buffalo, to give you an idea of the winter snow fall.

Ida-Boy

Threads
Bringing back up an old thread.
I am purchasing a Toro TimeCutter SS4225
or TimeCutter SS4250 and want to buy an aftermarket snow blade for it.
Does anyone have input on if this can handle pushing snow? Live close to Buffalo, to give you an idea of the winter snow fall.

I have a Grasshopper 725 gas with a blade. Have used it both winter and summer pushing snow and dirt here at my place, and since 2001 I have only reversed the blades edge once. I have also replaced the runners on the back side of the blade. In my opinion it kicks some serious butt. I do have 2 snow blowers in case I am unable to do the drive. My wife and daughter can't run the ZTM so if I am sick they use the blowers.
I have had 30 ton of dirt over the years and leveled it out with my mower and blade. Best money I spent but at 62 it is getting a bit rough to change over each season.
Hope this helps.

Notchy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Grasshopper 725 gas with a blade. Have used it both winter and summer pushing snow and dirt here at my place, and since 2001 I have only reversed the blades edge once. I have also replaced the runners on the back side of the blade. In my opinion it kicks some serious butt. I do have 2 snow blowers in case I am unable to do the drive. My wife and daughter can't run the ZTM so if I am sick they use the blowers.
I have had 30 ton of dirt over the years and leveled it out with my mower and blade. Best money I spent but at 62 it is getting a bit rough to change over each season.
Hope this helps.

thanks @Ida-Boy with the feedback but that is a big mower and not in the same category as the Toro SS timecutters I mentioned. Grasshopper is much bigger then the toro i was referring to.

does any one else have any experience with the type of transmission on the Toro ZTR mower?