Troy-Bilt Sickle Mower

DickDay

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings from a newbie.

I just acquired a Troy-Bilt walk-behind sickle mower, model 34034. I was able to find several owners' manuals on line, but none of them seem to reflect totally how my mower is built, even though they list this model. My mower does not have a lock-out pin on the side, the manuals I've seen all show this. In the manual, the lever that engages the cutter bar is a flat piece of steel that moves from right to left. My mower has a similar lever but it is round stock and is formed to look like a big circle. Just curious if anyone knows of a good source for Troy-Bilt manuals that are for this machine.

The engine is a B&S 126782 5hp I/C engine. I am curious if there is another engine that would fit this if replacement would ever be necessary.

Thanks for providing such a great resource.

Threads
Greetings from a newbie.

I just acquired a Troy-Bilt walk-behind sickle mower, model 34034. I was able to find several owners' manuals on line, but none of them seem to reflect totally how my mower is built, even though they list this model. My mower does not have a lock-out pin on the side, the manuals I've seen all show this. In the manual, the lever that engages the cutter bar is a flat piece of steel that moves from right to left. My mower has a similar lever but it is round stock and is formed to look like a big circle. Just curious if anyone knows of a good source for Troy-Bilt manuals that are for this machine.

The engine is a B&S 126782 5hp I/C engine. I am curious if there is another engine that would fit this if replacement would ever be necessary.

Thanks for providing such a great resource.

I don't know. :frown: I have seen this thread for awhile, hoping someone would answer, but since no one did, I am saying :welcome: to LMF to let you know there are people out here!! :laughing:

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Troy-Bilt forum. :smile:

possum

Threads
I have only seen one in my life and that was a long time back. At the time it was being used to harvest buffalo grass seed on a small scale. That was the coolest little outfit I ever saw. Do they even make those things anymore?

DickDay

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have only seen one in my life and that was a long time back. At the time it was being used to harvest buffalo grass seed on a small scale. That was the coolest little outfit I ever saw. Do they even make those things anymore?

Boy, it doesn't take me long to reply, nearly 2 years :) No, it has not been made in many years. BCS and Jari USA both manufacture one. I believe Jari is pretty much a dedicated sickle mower and BCS sells a walk behind tractor that has attachments, one of which is the sickle mower.

I found my TroyBilt 2 years ago and it has been well worth the $300 I paid for it. The weak link appears to be the plastic parts that are used in the hand clutches ( R & L ). OK Hardware carries an aluminum replacement for $30.

FleetwoodJAK

Forum Newbie
Threads
Boy, it doesn't take me long to reply, nearly 2 years :) No, it has not been made in many years. BCS and Jari USA both manufacture one. I believe Jari is pretty much a dedicated sickle mower and BCS sells a walk behind tractor that has attachments, one of which is the sickle mower.

I found my TroyBilt 2 years ago and it has been well worth the $300 I paid for it. The weak link appears to be the plastic parts that are used in the hand clutches ( R & L ). OK Hardware carries an aluminum replacement for $30.

I sure could use a bit more information about the aluminum hand clutch replacement and about it 's source, OK Hardware. TIA

watasch

Forum Newbie
Threads
I sure could use a bit more information about the aluminum hand clutch replacement and about it 's source, OK Hardware. TIA

Thank you for posting the hardware store that carries the aluminum replacement for the thumb release on the clutches. I just sent them an email to see if they still carry them. I had thought of getting some very serious epoxy to fix the cracked one but I am more than happy to replace them with aluminum if they have them. If I do get them do you want any feedback from me regarding their effectiveness?